Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Binned the silencers...

Rob80vx

Well I bought a length of 63mm exhaust pipes and decided to get it done. The box closest to the motor was easy as it was just cut box off and weld a straight pipe in its place. The large centre box was more awkward as the inlet and outlet dont line up, so it was a matter of doing the cuts at an angle so it would all line up. The rear box was then cut off and the tail piece was routed through the rear bumper to help keep it out of harms way when off roading.
Anyone thinking of doing the same I would like to point out that with the joints having little to no movement in them, so its best to tack it all together and make sure it lines up before you fully weld it up to be on the safe side :thumbup: .

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

[youtube:gj81v4zm]b8wH1EfwoSg[/youtube:gj81v4zm]

As I said this afternoon Rob, it looks a proper job. Sounds good too. I do wonder though if when you flex the chassis, it might touch the bumper. I wonder if you could get some flexy push on metal trim that would stop it melting if it does touch.

That's is what I wanted to do with mine :(

Chris

I love the sound of that Turbo spinning around, beautiful :mrgreen:

Chris said:
As I said this afternoon Rob, it looks a proper job. Sounds good too. I do wonder though if when you flex the chassis, it might touch the bumper. I wonder if you could get some flexy push on metal trim that would stop it melting if it does touch.

That's is what I wanted to do with mine :(

Chris

I will get it flexed out with the forklift tomorrow to see if it catches. ;)

Well I flexed it out to see if the exhaust would touch the bumper and had no problems with it. ;)
003-5.jpg
001-6.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Truly a class job there Rob. It does look bob-on. :mrgreen:

Chris

Back