Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bit of good news came today

Hi Andy that is Excellent its grand to have happy news in the bad times keep well one and all :D.

Amazing news, glad you’re on the mend. I’ll be sure to have a drink tonight to celebrate.

This is fantastic news Andy, never give up is my motto, and it seems you have that approach.
That and the meds will see you through!:thumbup:

Wonderful news Andy, wishing you and Maria all the best for future.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lynn only enquired the other day, might have even been when this letter was typed, as to how you were. I meant to contact, but you beat me to it.
That is the best piece of news I’ve heard this year (and there have been a few good uns), ok, joint best.
lynn sends her love and is so pleased to hear this news.
One thing though, just promise me you won’t get this dreadful virus ok?
Once we’re allowed out to play again, we need a get together and a proper celebration of all the good news we’ve had this year.

For those who knew , and those who didn't, I've had a bit of as battle with throat cancer since last July. Some have seen me looking rather less than my best during treatment with a fair weight loss and the other ravages of radio therapy and chemo therapy as well and I've had a fair bit of welcome support as well as the unstinting care and devotion through this from Maria.
This arrived in the post today:-

View attachment 164834

Get in!!!!

I've still got a fair way to recovery but most of the side effects have subdued, I've still only got half my taste and seem stick on 10st but its better than the alternative I guess.

Hi Andy :)

I've never met you and maybe never will, but the smile on my face when I read the post is my first for a while thanks to the current pandemic.

Great news and I hope you noticed your Dr is Foran :) Had me laughing too.

As far as I remember We met at the AO show a couple of years back when I had just bought the 120, ( if you're the guy with a black 120).
Yes, its a relief but I was never in doubt after the care and treatment of the brilliant NHS.

Dr Foran is most defiantly not foreign, unless she's Scandinavian, if you get what I mean.!!

For those who knew , and those who didn't, I've had a bit of as battle with throat cancer since last July. Some have seen me looking rather less than my best during treatment with a fair weight loss and the other ravages of radio therapy and chemo therapy as well and I've had a fair bit of welcome support as well as the unstinting care and devotion through this from Maria.
This arrived in the post today:-

View attachment 164834

Get in!!!!

I've still got a fair way to recovery but most of the side effects have subdued, I've still only got half my taste and seem stick on 10st but its better than the alternative I guess.

Andy given the current climate and all the bad news we hear every day its good to hear something uplifting. Congratulations on the news :thumbup:

When i smashed myself up on a bike Andy i was eating everything the hospital gave me for a year in bed and still my 6ft odd frame dropped to 9 stone , a fast metabolism anyway and my body was fighting the bone infection they refused to admit i had . When my cousin came to visit drunk with his shirt off i was able to say look i was bigger than him when i arrived here . They doubled up on all my meals and gave me 4 awful milkshake things to drink every day (fortisip i think it was called?) . One month on i'd gained just one pound in weight .

Your body is healing itself from the treatment and that's where the food is going so you shouldn't worry about it . When they finally removed the infected bone about 3 years later no special diet was required , a bacon egg butty for breakfast and fish n chips for tea or along those lines had my weight return to normal astonishingly quickly .

Back