Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ73 build date question

Chriken

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello all!

I have a LHD Portuguese built Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73 which I have owned in Spain and have now brought to the UK for personal use.

The DVLA have asked me to provide proof of manufacture date from you in order to process my application for UK registration.

The VIN Plate is TW0V0BJ7309504436.

Toyota UK have not been able to help.

Is anyone able to help to confirm the manufacture date?

Thank you

Kind regards

Christian

1696521297941.png

Not the full info you require, but....

Toyota UK can help if they want to, but might have to contact Toyota Europe.
BTW, if you know anyone in Toyota Gibraltar, there is hardly anyone in Europe better at digging for such info.

Last edited:
View attachment 333520
Not the full info you require, but....

Toyota UK can help if they want to, but might have to contact Toyota Europe.
BTW, if you know anyone in Toyota Gibraltar, there is hardly anyone in Europe better at digging for such info.
Thank you very much for this. Unfortunately the UK authorities require conformation from Toyota or an owners club...Ill try and find contact details for TOYOTA EU.

Try the Toyota Enthusiasts Club as DVLA used to accept originality info from them.
uHu's info should be sufficient from ToyoDIY:
It has a build month and year/ destined market / model etc..

The only thing that I would question is that it states that it is VM engined (Italian) but then says 3B which is a Toyota engine. May be some of the 70b series members could clarify.

Rodger

Hi,
I've got an '88 BJ73 with the 5 cylinder VM and it is normally documented as having a 3B engine with VM trim. All Toyota websites which show the VM version 73s always have engine part numbers for 3B engines never the Italian VMs.
The vehicle was supposed to have a 3B but to get around the import duties of Spain, the engine along with its peripherals were substituted for European parts. I have yet to find any factory build docs (from Salvador Caetano in Portugal) or any official Toyota acknowledgement showing this engine swap happened.
I wish you good luck, Chriken!

Thank you for this information. I may try calling Gibralter Toyota. Toyota Espana not replying and neither is Salvador Caetano...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BINGO!!!

Mr. Christian Kenny,

We hope you are well and thank you for contacting us.

In relation to the above, we inform you that this Land Cruiser was produced on 02/14/1989.

With no other matter for the moment , we thank you for your preference for Toyota and subscribe with high regard.

Best regards,

Customer Information Service

912 221 010 (Cost of call to national landline or mobile network)

Toyota Caetano Portugal, SA

Sem outro assunto de momento, agradecemos a sua preferência pela Toyota e subscrevemo-nos com elevada consideração.

Atentamente,

Serviço de Informação ao Cliente
912 221 010 (Custo de chamada para rede fixa ou rede móvel nacional )
Toyota Caetano Portugal, SA

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

O seu pedido de informação colocado em 2023-10-06 às 15:08:50 foi:

I am trying to find out the build date for my Toyota Landcruiser BJ73. It was built by you under license from Toyota. The VIN number is TW0V0BJ7309504436. Please can you kindly confirm as I require this information to register the car in the UK.

Back