Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blowing warm air into the vehicle

Can anybody tell me why the heater in my 80 would blow hot air through the dash vents but cold air to my feet, and also why the temp control is so sensitive, it either blows too hot or too cold, on auto setting or manual it is one or the other :angry-screaming:

The original poster was spam so I've deleted the post.

Cossack said:
Can anybody tell me why the heater in my 80 would blow hot air through the dash vents but cold air to my feet, and also why the temp control is so sensitive, it either blows too hot or too cold, on auto setting or manual it is one or the other :angry-screaming:
Chas

If you have been in the dash at any time it could be that you have pulled one of the plastic ducts off :?:

Ecky Thump said:
Cossack said:
Chas, If you have been in the dash at any time it could be that you have pulled one of the plastic ducts off :?:
I'll have a look at that Les, but I don't think I described the problem correctly, if the temp slider is put to hot it will blow hot from both areas, but if it is set down lower I get hot top & cold below.

HI Chas

should be the other way round - hot feet cool head. dunno how to help yet though...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i had the same problem i found i left the sensor unplugged behind the heater control pannel when i fitted my radio

x_shaun said:
i had the same problem i found i left the sensor unplugged behind the heater control pannel when i fitted my radio
Can the heater control panel be removed without dismantling the dash? :pray:

i got the later dash and its only 4 or 5 screws to remove the heater controls

x_shaun said:
i got the later dash and its only 4 or 5 screws to remove the heater controls
How late is later? mine is a '94

Back