Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blown Turbo

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I might be in a position to purchase an 80 which has been sitting around little used for the last 2 years, I have not gone and looked at it properly just yet but do know the turbo has given up.

Is this as simple as replacing the turbo and what is that likely to cost? or is this a clear indication of a walk away job?

There is a chance I can get this for between £250 and £500 and seems like a good place to start for laning vehicle before I dent and scratch my 120 any further.

at that price buy it anyway, the axles fetch more than that, if you dont want it let me know I will for sure

^^^^^^ X2 ^^^^^^

Apair of axles have sold recently on fleabay for £645, a front for £435 and a rear for £412.

Loads of peeps want axles, especially the 80 series with difflocks.

By the way I managed to buy my 1991 80 series for £100..... :shhh: :dance: :dance: :shhh:
but it does have a big end gone, a crank that only might just take a grind and a busted con rod.

I just bought an 80 that had been sitting for 8 years and had no drive! Wish I'd got that for £500!

If all it needs is a turbo, then I'd have it. Depends if the rest of it is reasonable too of course. But that is very cheap. I shall be sticking my spare rear axle on ebay soon. We'll see what that fetches.

Chris

x3 here.

500 bargin. buy it up asap regardless of condition :thumbup:

Now seen it, actually a landcruiser II vx 2.4 turbo diesel. The model is an LJ70 so same question as before, buy it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And if you dont want it trevor i would prob buy it and give you a drink out of it :thumbup:

Back