Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blue 80 - just before anyone else sends me a nudge

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Guys, for those of you that have - many many thanks, but this blue 80 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-TOYOT...item4ac591a8d8 is the same accident repaired caved in roof item that was for sale through RC Carriage Company. It's just had the number plate changed. Andy L and I spent 2 1/2 hours looking at it. It drove well although needed a pump tweak. The inside was very good. The chassis was immaculate. But it had been in a front ender (badly aligned) and the roof was so battered it was beyond belief. There were actually puddles in the roof big enough to bury a mobile phone.

So in all - if it had all been straight, I would have been paying just over £10k for it. But as it stands, honestly, if he came at me and asked for £5000 I'd be hard pushed to buy it. It is to be avoided in my view unless you want to spend that much on an off roader that you are going to bash around the woods.

Trust me I deliberated for a long time until Andy finally slapped me and told me to get real. I just hope no one ever buys it. But one lesson I did learn was check the roof!!!!

Chris

seems like a crazy price even if it didn't have those problems.

Well I know Jon, but as I said I was never paying that. But if you take the base vehicle (forget the issues, yes) so it's a very smart example with zero problems then add Old Man Emu, ARB, BFG AT's all round, winch with plasma, refirbed alloys etc and tot that lot up - minus of course my time in fitting it all £10k is pretty close I think. It also drove like a new one. Andy felt it was a little lacking in power, but that's just a tweak. But to my mind it was like driving a new one. Not a shake rattle or roll anywhere. It also had superpro bushes I believe all round. There had been battery isolators fitted, new big batteries - honestly apart from the alignment and roof problems, you could have fuelled it, loaded up and gone.

Now the argement was that all of those things could have been fixed. He said. And then it would be perfect and worth the money. Maybe it's me - but even repaired to the highest standard, I don't see anything worth as much as one that's not been repaired. Come on - if there were two identical cars on a forecourt at the same money and one was a crash repair and the other wasn't and the guy said take you pick, which one would YOU choose. If anyone says the repaired one then I don't believe you or you're just daft. If all it had been was a broken headlight fine, but a complete front end?

Chris

Chas you fool. Fancy posting that. I mean how daft can you get????

It's GREEN!

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas you fool. Fancy posting that. I mean how daft can you get????

It's GREEN!

C

:oops: Sorry Chris, must be the colour set up on my monitor.

Back