Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BOAT Routes East Meon

One other thing that's a bonus is a CB radio.

Unless I've forgotten something, sounds like you're all set. :)

Could you PayPal a payment to [email protected] as a 'friends or family' payment (that way you don't get charged a fee) of £10.50 per night you plan to stay. It gives an option for a message, can you put that it's for camping on the dates you plan to stay and your name (non member).

The campsite is Church Farm BTW. :)

Could you PayPal a payment to [email protected] as a 'friends or family' payment (that way you don't get charged a fee) of £10.50 per night you plan to stay. It gives an option for a message, can you put that it's for camping on the dates you plan to stay and your name (non member).

The campsite is Church Farm BTW. :)
Hello SC. To confirm, I've just paid £21.00 to the email address including message: "Camping, Church Farm, Sixpenny, 28th-29th April 2017, Guest (non-member) Simon Cush (aka Bert) & Sam Cush"

All good?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seems fine though Dave on the other end will be scratching his head about the Bert bit but never mind.

All good :)

Seems fine though Dave on the other end will be scratching his head about the Bert bit but never mind.

All good :)
Hello SC.....one thing I've been thinking about is tire pressures. Got my new AT tires on, but as far as driving off road I've no idea as yet regarding deflating. Is this something you can advise on? Following on from that, I'd then need to re-inflate back to road pressures. I don't have anything on board for inflating right now, so I'm just thinking of picking up a heavy duty foot pump or similar. Any thoughts? Cheers, Simon

Hello SC.....one thing I've been thinking about is tire pressures. Got my new AT tires on, but as far as driving off road I've no idea as yet regarding deflating. Is this something you can advise on? Following on from that, I'd then need to re-inflate back to road pressures. I don't have anything on board for inflating right now, so I'm just thinking of picking up a heavy duty foot pump or similar. Any thoughts? Cheers, Simon

With my Coopers i find it makes no difference so i only deflate for comfort if the track ahead looks like it might rattle my teeth . (my suspension is very firm)

With my Coopers i find it makes no difference so i only deflate for comfort if the track ahead looks like it might rattle my teeth . (my suspension is very firm)

Ok, excellent, I'll go with the flow then.
On the side, I got sent this the other day relating to off road activities on Salisbury Plain, and I was a little concerned regarding 'paid' trips as the week before I meet with you I'm going with Protrax and now I'm wondering if it is above board. https://www.facebook.com/1386181063...41830.138618106325492/654745061379458/?type=3

Might be worth taking up with your organisers and copying them a link to the article.
I'll copy that to SX4x4R for information purposes but I dare say they will be operating correctly as they wouldn't want any embarrassment.
Thanks for posting. The organisation of routes is not something I get involved in. I'm happy to follow.

Last edited:
Could you PayPal a payment to [email protected] as a 'friends or family' payment (that way you don't get charged a fee) of £10.50 per night you plan to stay. It gives an option for a message, can you put that it's for camping on the dates you plan to stay and your name (non member). The campsite is Church Farm BTW. :)

Hello Star Cruiser.
I received a notification yesterday that the payments for the camping that I sent to The Treasurer had been returned as they had not yet been 'collected' at the other end.
Please advise?

Regards,

Simon

I'll have a look Simon. I did wonder about the email address, leave it with me.

I've just checked and the email address is correct. Don't worry, I've asked the guy organising it and he said that many folks are paying on the day including the deposit so you could do the same. Alternately check the email address and try again but he's not bothered if you just pay on the day.

I've just checked and the email address is correct. Don't worry, I've asked the guy organising it and he said that many folks are paying on the day including the deposit so you could do the same. Alternately check the email address and try again but he's not bothered if you just pay on the day.
Cool, no worries, I'll bring on the day.

Apologies, I hadn't seen the timeline or been specific enough, my bad. The aim is you as OP and it's about Salisbury plain.
The outing consists of camping at Sixpenny Handley campsite over the weekend of the may BH with trips out led by other members of the group (Sussex 4x4 Response) onto Salisbury plain with activities as challenging or not as you like. Non SX4x4R members have come along before.

Hello SC. Hope one is well. Is all looking good for the weekend?
Regards,
Simon

Hi Simon, yes indeedee!

I've asked a couple of local members if they would like to come along who may do so on the Sunday if they can make it.

I am aiming to arrive Friday evening dependent on work which has taken a slightly awkward turn for me this week but we will be there. I'll PM you with more details.

Back