Fit My Lift

• Total voters

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Right Guys
Time to make a decision me thinks
I have had a milners bodylift kit sat in the garage for some time now, and I have decided it is now time that I decided weather to put it on my car or on ebay.
Consensus wins

i did my 90 recently and it was straight forward to do and it looks way better now its lifted, and gave me the space to fit 33's on.
the other good benefit is you can access areas of the underside of the car more easily for working on.

roy said:
i did my 90 recently and it was straight forward to do and it looks way better now its lifted, and gave me the space to fit 33's on.
the other good benefit is you can access areas of the underside of the car more easily for working on.

Do you have a suspension lift? Can you post up pics please.

My sliders are hitting the bottom of the body (clonks over bumps), and I am thinking of fitting a body lift kit to sort this out. I already have a lift, and I'm worried that it will sit a bit too high for my taste.

Here's mine with the milners body lift, ironman SL and 33s, it is big, so you'd have like that kind of thing if you did it, also the Std tyres do look a bit lost in the arch's .

P200511_0853.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I had to have the spacers fitted to the front struts yesterday because I got almost no front lift from the b-kit alone (back lifted nicely). But now with 15mm spacers it looks about as high as your truck with the body lift. I might leave it another week to see how it all settles.

Is there a smaller body lift kit available? I only need about a 10mm kit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BIG clean GREEN said:
Here's mine with the milners body lift, ironman SL and 33s, it is big, so you'd have like that kind of thing if you did it, also the Std tyres do look a bit lost in the arch's .

Do you have a pic of your cv angles?

No I haven't, however there's no problem with them at all ! Have you got the ironman SL ? if so it's not recommended to have the springs spacers too,

BIG clean GREEN said:
No I haven't, however there's no problem with them at all ! Have you got the ironman SL ? if so it's not recommended to have the springs spacers too,

I do, but without the spacer I got a 25mm lift that settled to about a 15mm lift. I spoke to Paul at West Coast and suggested the 15mm spacer.

fridayman said:
I do, but without the spacer I got a 25mm lift that settled to about a 15mm lift. I spoke to Paul at West Coast and suggested the 15mm spacer.

Thank god for that i was begining to think that it was just me that wasnt entirely happy with the ironman SL :(
how are you finding the cornering as mine still feels like a pig on stilts and i have to say wouldnt rate the kit very highly atall :shock:

It's not my intention to wind anyone up with my next comment however, Have you both double checked your installation ? the reason I ask is that I'm more than happy with mine and there's also a lot more of us witht the lift that don't have a problem. If you live near another member with the lift would it be an idea to take a look at theirs for comparison, or come to the Lincomb event in October. It just sounds odd that you have problems that we don't, so it would appear from the outside that the issue isn't neccessarily the springs or dampers !

Yep, something sounds odd. Yours went on a treat didn't Nick and it looks Bang on. Tommo's did as well. I think SAE has the same set up as well. All absolutely bang on. Hey, even your Mrs drives it!

Well only cos you won't get out of the Cooper :roll:

C

BIG clean GREEN said:
It's not my intention to wind anyone up with my next comment however, Have you both double checked your installation ? the reason I ask is that I'm more than happy with mine and there's also a lot more of us witht the lift that don't have a problem. If you live near another member with the lift would it be an idea to take a look at theirs for comparison, or come to the Lincomb event in October. It just sounds odd that you have problems that we don't, so it would appear from the outside that the issue isn't neccessarily the springs or dampers !

Im pretty thick skinned so nowt will wind me up hahah :D
double checked what? springs have sided stickers on them struts fit one way only so not as if you can get it wrong to be honest.
i read a few threads then decided to purchase the im kit as everyone was very happy, even had part no,s posted from other members and they are the same as my kit, not sure as to why its not lifted as much as everyone else,s has but thats the way mine is,

I seem to remember that i fitted mine around the same time as sae70 i think and his SL raised his more than mine go figure :shock:
I can also remeber the spring compressor threads but mine went together without the need for one :?

smokyjoe said:
Thank god for that i was begining to think that it was just me that wasnt entirely happy with the ironman SL :(
how are you finding the cornering as mine still feels like a pig on stilts and i have to say wouldnt rate the kit very highly atall :shock:

Most other people said the b kit was slightly firmer than stock. Mine is definitely softer.

fridayman said:
Most other people said the b kit was slightly firmer than stock. Mine is definitely softer.

Yeh i would agree with you on them being softer,
On the road when entering a corner mine lurches over quite a bit before what can only be described as a hitting the bumpstop feeling when it firms up.

It reminds me of the old horible rangerover air suspension feel :shock:

Sorry S J, you fitted it without a spring compressor? Are you serious? Maybe that isn't quite what you meant, but as you are having issues it's worth exploring what we know from you. There is no way that you could do the front struts without compressing the springs either with a tower or those awful little threaded clamps. Not even Desperate Dan could do that.

It almost sounds like your springs are too short. Even if you got the baseplates on upside down on the damper I don't think that it would have that sort of effect. - Not calling you daft or anything, we don't doubt you ability but there have been some case in the past where the obvious has been overlooked 'cos we all though "Well there's bound to be diesel in the tank isn't there." :roll:

Have you any pics at all?

Chris
I managed 1 of my rear springs without compressor, couldnt do any others so bought some silly threaded things, threw them in the bin and bought a hydrolic one.

Absolutely no chance whatsoever of doing any of the others without some help

Back