Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Body Lift

Fit My Lift

• Total voters
I fitted all of mine with the threaded spring clamps, no way could you have done it without them. Sounds like we need a measure up.

I must confess though it did not lift the front of mine a huge amount either. Thats why i have the spring spacers as well. I still needed the hammer to get the 33s on but they don't catch anywhere now :D not even at extreme compression offroad.

It is not as firm as the old man emu stuff i had on the last truck but then again it was lots cheaper so what can i expect.

I am pretty happy with it now i have the spacers. :thumbup:

Say GP is that front spacers too? Which ones did you get. I've posted before about the FatBob ones which are no good with an SL too. CVs are at crazy angles.
Rear ones were Toughdog.

I fitted OME to Lil BLue and I found them pretty hard. Got B set up on the 80 now and it's nice.

Chris

Just spring spacers on the front chris -only 10mm

SuspensionSpacerLarge.jpg

I can't really complain about the ride. I did find the Old Man Emu stuff better after i fitted the winch bumper, before it did feel quite firm.

Ahh, ingenious. Simpler than the top spacers. They work in a different way. They go in between the completed strut and the top mounting. This pushes the whole damper assembly down. Those spacers sort of squash the spring a bit more.

Hmm, interesting.

Chris

Chris said:
Sorry S J, you fitted it without a spring compressor? Are you serious? Maybe that isn't quite what you mean

yup you read that right no spring compressor used whatsoever :D
took out old struts cut of top nut with grinder untill spring sprung, fitted new spring on strut pushed it down and got the misses to thread the nut on a few threads, wasnt easy but have done it many times before as most of the uprated springs i have fitted to cars where short enough to do this so just thought it was the norm ;)

Have you any pics at all?
I shall take some pics the morn as i always forget to photo the things i do, i get stuck in and when i finish i allways kick myself for forgetting to document the job :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That cannot be right. I think that I speak for all of us who've swapped these recently that this simply isn't possible - not if everything is right. We actually bent part of Nick's tower compressor and I had to make a up an new part of of 5mm wall box section! Pushed the top down and got the nut on? :o And were these new dampers as well or did you reuse something from the truck? It really sounds like the spring is too far down the damper - like they are the wrong dampers or something. This would lead to them being too short overall hence the lack of lift and rubbish feel. The Iron man dampers are longer than standard to be able to accommodate the longer springs. Now if you put an old spring onto new IM dampers that would make sense, but not the other way around.

Chris

Chris said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That cannot be right. I think that I speak for all of us who've swapped these recently that this simply isn't possible - not if everything is right. We actually bent part of Nick's tower compressor and I had to make a up an new part of of 5mm wall box section! Pushed the top down and got the nut on? :o And were these new dampers as well or did you reuse something from the truck? It really sounds like the spring is too far down the damper - like they are the wrong dampers or something. This would lead to them being too short overall hence the lack of lift and rubbish feel. The Iron man dampers are longer than standard to be able to accommodate the longer springs. Now if you put an old spring onto new IM dampers that would make sense, but not the other way around.

Chris

The only part that was reused was the topcap the ironman Sl came in a full kit same as i think sae70 posted a pic of :think:
the part no,s where the same as posted on here and the new springs are shorter than the old ones i removed, it does mention this in the paperwork that came with the kit and is useually the norm with uprated springs atleast with all the cars ive modded.
I will take pics the morn for all to see :thumbup:

Pic as promised, as you can see theres not much space between the bumpstop and the chassis compared to some of your other pics on here.
2wdxzzt.jpg

and here is the top with no spring showing between the top wishbone and chassis mounting point.
2relavq.jpg

Back