Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake Disk upgrade

Daniel911

Gents

I would like to know if any of you done a upgrade on your brakes and if, how big the dif is.

Had a nchat with West coast a couple of weeks ago and they highly adviced 3G disks.

http://www.3gbrakes.co.uk/discs.htm

Please let me know what you think.

Regards

Daniel, If you are planning an overland trip I would stay away from any of these performance parts.
You don't need them.OEM is fine as long as it is in good condition.
A stock 90 with all the right prep work done is more than capable of doing a trip across Africa.
If your clutch is old or mileage unknown replace it with a standard one.
Finding out that drilled and grooved discs crack is a bummer in the UK halfway down a bad incline in Africa would be worse.
Keep it stock or as near to as possible.

agree with above, parts are direct replacements even over the water, non standard aernt

Daniel,
You can get new disks from MIlners, an overhaul kit for your brake pistons from our Ian Rubie, and something like EBC brake pads from EBC, all at very reasonable prices, having done all this myself, my brakes are as good as new, you may not need the overhaul kit, just a bit of work on your pistons to ensure they are all working simultaneously !
Vehicle: TOYOTA/Landcruiser /3.0 TD (KZJ90/95) (KDJ)/96-2003
Item Part Number Qty Unit Price Unit Weight Part Description
1. DP807 1 21.35 1.5kgs Actual EBC Disc Brake Pads (Complete axle set, both wheels)
2. DP993 1 13.76 1.1kgs Actual EBC Disc Brake Pads (Complete axle set, both wheels)

These are the pads I ordered !

Nick.

Gents

need bit of help.

I'm after a seal kit for my brakes.If been trying to get old of Ian but he might be on holiday.

Any other place I can try please.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You could always go to your local Toy dealer as a last resort :snooty: But I'd wait for Ian to get back to you unless you're in a huge rush.

:thumbup: That's the one! Make sure you get your club discount etc! Price seems to have gone up a bit since I bought it...

Daniel911 said:
Found this.

Anyone used them before?
Found whay? are we missing a link here?

Back