Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake pipes.

Jmacd

Country Flag
uk
Hi, I am looking to get some pre made brake pipes for my L/C 80.
Does anyone know if you can get these other than from Toyota in the UK?
Cheers

I bought a set of 6 stainless steel braided hoses for my 80 series with an additional 2 inch lift from Wezmoto after I contacted them on Ebay, cost me £74.99, good fast service and very nice items.

This is their Ebay shop for 80 series.

I bought a set of 6 stainless steel braided hoses for my 80 series with an additional 2 inch lift from Wezmoto after I contacted them on Ebay, cost me £74.99, good fast service and very nice items.

This is their Ebay shop for 80 series.
Sorry my fault. I am looking for pre-made solid pies.

If you mean the metal pipework, I don’t know of anywhere. I haven’t bought from Toyota, I don’t know if they are pre bent, but I have bought steel pipes for an MB in the past from the dealer and they came as straight sections, the right length with the correct fittings either end, but they still had to be bent to shape. What could be awkward with pre bent sections is actually feeding them through to where they need to be. Copper nickel alloy pipes are easier to bend to shape and flare as you go and don’t rust. (p.s. If you did mean pies, you could always try Greggs :))

I had one replaced by a garage with no prior planning , because they know i do a lot of stuff myself the mot station called to say rusty brake line borderline advisory/fail what do you want to do . Go ahead and replace it i said . I can't remember what it cost which usually means i was happy to pay it as i felt it was reasonable .

If this is a 'one off' then perhaps do as Shayne said, most garages have the machine to form the correct flare, and they tend to have a roll of brake line, so not too expensive either. If you want to make a set and could use the machine for future projects/help friends then buy the tool and a length of pipe.

regards

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back