Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake thoughts?

Yep Dave i did all 4 corners, I have the roughtrax braided brake lines still to fit as i didn't have much time to do the work.
I had an article from an Australian 4x4 magazine that did a brake refurb and had it measured to see which modifications are most effective and value for money, They used the brake rollers that are used during MOT's and G meters to provide the data. #1 modification was actually a full brake bleed so i'm gonna do that once the braided lines are installed.
I think im going to try the 100 pads next time around, i banged the anchors on to test them on a dry road and i couldnt get the the tyres to lock up but it pulled up pretty quick

ABS activate? I see the 100 pads good for longevity but if you cannot lock the wheels now assuming ABS removed/not functioning then the 100's will make it even harder to achieve.

I am going to pressure bleed mine right through and then fit the new callipers and flexes afterwards that way old fluid will not be passed through the new units. Decision still to be made on them yet, Rough Trax seem to have the lead on the callipers but I am so struck for time with the ITV (MOT) coming up and my general workload, it has to be done though as I use the car to go to the airport.

regards

Dave

It seems that Parcel FARCE have lost my parcels..........AGAIN! Who the fu*k is in charge of this outfit? Sorry just venting off.

I did not realise that Emtec used PF, if I did then I would have purchased elsewhere.

OK rant off, gonna go kick the cat!

regards

Dave

Ahhh Yeah. . Royal mail and parcelforce are a private company now. ....

The post master doesn't give a s**t anymore!

Sorry to hear that your parcel has gone missing. ..

Pretty much what parcelforce will say to you. . Post master told me not to bother with insurance on the last parcel I sent.

All the best iwan :thumbup:

Nope the ABS is not activating. Im in two minds as to wether i should bother with it tbh.
Time is always the factor, I had the kit to rebbuild the calipers but ended up just changing a couple of the dust boots that were torn.
The only thing outstanding after the braided hoses is the nice Toyota racing development decals to go on the calipers..... I know im just such a geek when it comes to the little touches :ugeek:

The only thing outstanding after the braided hoses is the nice Toyota racing development decals to go on the calipers..... I know im just such a geek when it comes to the little touches :ugeek:

And there am I ageing away and thinking how ridiculous the TURBO stickers are on the rear wings of the 80, never bothered me until recently, getting old.......er seems to be having an affect on my perspective of things, may have to re-think the new stereo, can you get a 12 volt record player that spins at 78 RPM? :lol:

regards

Dave

And there am I ageing away and thinking how ridiculous the TURBO stickers are on the rear wings of the 80, never bothered me until recently, getting old.......er seems to be having an affect on my perspective of things, may have to re-think the new stereo, can you get a 12 volt record player that spins at 78 RPM? :lol:

regards

Dave

:icon-biggrin: i think you're quite right. The car itself has stood the test of time as far as styling and spec goes.... but those stickers make it look a bit mid 80's when everything from steam irons to sunglasses had to have "turbo" written on them somewhere.

Now look what youve done

http://www.tiptopsigns.com/TRD-OFF-ROAD-Decal-Stickers-Modern-Version-p-3732.html

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did not realise that Emtec used PF, if I did then I would have purchased elsewhere.

When I ordered discs (all 4) for my 90, I had the option to have them delivered to the local Argos store, which I took and picked them up from there a few days later at my convenience.

When I ordered discs (all 4) for my 90, I had the option to have them delivered to the local Argos store, which I took and picked them up from there a few days later at my convenience.

Argos in Spain? :icon-biggrin:, we cannot even get a milk shake from Macy Dee but, interestingly you can buy BEER with your burger...go figure :wtf:

regards

Dave

:icon-biggrin: i think you're quite right. The car itself has stood the test of time as far as styling and spec goes.... but those stickers make it look a bit mid 80's when everything from steam irons to sunglasses had to have "turbo" written on them somewhere.

Now look what youve done

http://www.tiptopsigns.com/TRD-OFF-ROAD-Decal-Stickers-Modern-Version-p-3732.html

Hmmmmm :think: might have a sign made up in Chinese, it would translate to:

'I bet you don't know what this say's?'

I could then sit and watch people spend ages copying and translating............you know, just for fun. :whistle:

regards

Dave

Hmmmmm :think: might have a sign made up in Chinese, it would translate to:

'I bet you don't know what this say's?'

I could then sit and watch people spend ages copying and translating............you know, just for fun. :whistle:

regards

Dave

:clap:Thats fantastic, You know i reckon there a few people about who probably have that same sentence tattooed on them somewhere:lol:

I had one side resprayed after the minor irritation of a Corsa driving into me and had the 'turbo' stickers removed at the same time as I thought they looked dated then (2006)!

Last edited:
Agreed so may try and steam them off? Brake discs from MTEC arrived, opened box just to check contents and noticed something I was not happy with straight away. Going to have a chat with them now................

regards

Dave

Thanks for the various opinions on this thread, very helpful in the disc/ pad choice. I have gone with a set of dimpled and grooved discs and Mintex pads all-round. Opted for blingy gold coating.

Decent prices too, £213.00 inc VAT. This includes some free fluid.

The guy sent me a discount code "new 10" for a 10% discount.

Where should I look for rebuild kits for the callipers please?

Back