Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

brakes and wheels

landcruiserjohnb

hi
i would like to know if the calipers from a 93 up with 16 inch rims are bigger than the pre 93 with the 15inch rims.
Does anyone know the size difference and what this would mean to potential stopping force.
Bigger caliper=bigger discs=bigger stopping surface= more stopping power is that correct

hi guys
what is the size of the early brake discs and the later post 93 ones i think.
does anyone have calipers for the later discs to sell

landcruiserjohnb said:
hi
i would like to know if the calipers from a 93 up with 16 inch rims are bigger than the pre 93 with the 15inch rims.
Does anyone know the size difference and what this would mean to potential stopping force.
Bigger caliper=bigger discs=bigger stopping surface= more stopping power is that correct

Yes, the later brakes from 93 up are larger front and back than those on the earlier models but I dont know the actual size difference. I do know that the fronts will not fit behind a 15" rim without shaving a little off the calipers.

You are right that bigger brakes = better stopping power. I changed my brakes for the larger 93 ones and it made a noticable difference in stopping power - along with slotted discs, 100 series front pads (larger surface area) and braided lines. The front calipers are a straight swap but the rears are not - IIRC they also require the bellhousing. I got mine via a landcruiser breaker (Stef).

Well worth doing in my opinion :thumbup:

Back