Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brakes

Dark Dude

My brakes have begun the squeak. Please advice........Change of pads, me thinks.

John

Squeak when under braking or all the time, front rear?

If when only braking then yes I would check the pads as mine are fitted with wear indicators that as you know are small metal pads that touch the disc once the pad has got to a certain depth.

It could be some debri has got lodged in one of the pads so check for that if the pads look good.

If its a squeak whilst rolling down the road then it could be a number of other things.

warrenpfo said:
Squeak when under braking or all the time, front rear?

If when only braking then yes I would check the pads as mine are fitted with wear indicators that as you know are small metal pads that touch the disc once the pad has got to a certain depth.

It could be some debri has got lodged in one of the pads so check for that if the pads look good.

If its a squeak whilst rolling down the road then it could be a number of other things.

Thanks for the heads up Warren.

The aforementioned "squeaking" only happens under braking, thank goodness. The car was given a fully service only six weeks ago so hopefully it's a bit of debri making the noise, heaven preserve us!

John

As the man said: If only when braking it's likely to be pads.
Anyhow, it takes less time to take the wheels off and check what the problem is than it takes to write the messages in this thread.

Back