Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Budgerigar living in nearside hub.

wobbly

Garage
Okay, so there may not actually be a real live budgie living in the nearside hub, but there is a definite chirping noise coming from the vicinity.

I dont think its the CV joint - mainly cos the offside one needs changing and doesnt sound like it.

If the bearing was on its way out, would it make a squeaking noise?

If I lift that corner, then spin the wheel, it may isolate the noise, as it could be suspension related. It continued the noise independent of braking, and isnt brake squeal.

Are the bearings hard to get out of the hub? Ideally I would like to do it with the hub in situ so I dont have to re-do the brake pipes, but I have read that a press may be needed for bearings, which means hub off really.

Seems the truck needs a bit of fettling at the moment, what with the o's cv joint, new pads all round and new discs on the rear.

Cheers

Pete

You will need a press to get the bearings out.... sorry. Not a hard job really, but can't see you doing it without a press.

Nope, its not the bearing.

I think its related to the Ironman suspension lift.

The rubber sleeve on the top of the n/s shock has perished and is in two halves, so you can see the steel plunger.

When the car is rocked, it is squeaking, even a slight movement elicits a noise. Hard to tell if the noise is from the shock or the top mount, but when I rock the truck and feel the top mount where the shock comes through, I can feel a vibration, whereas I cant feel anything where the top mount is bolted to the chassis.

It is also the same on the o/s, although the rubber is not perished on that side.

Hmm.

Is a persihed shock cover a problem? I guess it could let crud in. But the solution is to replace it, which seems extreme as the shock is working ok.

No sagging or signs the shock/coil is problematic.

Pete

Not the brake pad wear sensor starting to catch on a slightly uneven disk?

Have you checked Twitter for anything related ;-)

Sorry. I'll get my coat :lol:

Leave the Cruiser in a sheltered spot and put some bird seed down, it may entice the budgie out. :lol:

:lol:

Have realised the cause of the problem, radio turned down too low......

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
Not the brake pad wear sensor starting to catch on a slightly uneven disk?

I had the same problem and it was the pad wear sensor all along. Just bent it back a bit and all was quiet again.

Those are the two lugs at the base of the pad?

Not sure its pads as the noise happens when the truck is stationaary and the front is pressed down a bit, noise seems to come from either the top half of the shock or the upper mounts.

Pete

Back