Bump stop spacers

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Just putting together some details for a bit of suspension re-working
I am going to need to put a 40mm spacer on the rear bumpstops and a little 6mm ish spacer on the fronts.
I had been thinking of using some HDPE sheet, Is that a good idea or do you think they should be metal?
Thanks
Julian

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Thanks chap, I thought it would be pretty good as well
On a different matter I have been looking in too some stone guards, OME make some but I like the look of these (infact I like the look of most of their mods) Image below
I am sure you would have seen these before, but how do you think they are attached, U-bo;ts around the arm of brackets welded on?
J

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
If those are something you can buy then my guess would be a U shaped bracket around the arm rather than weld on. If it's a one off then they might have welded some brackets to the arm to make sure the plate didn't move.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
And no roof bars either - what yours would look like with the rack off and just the track covers in place ;) :cool:

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
orcatech1 said:
On a different matter I have been looking in too some stone guards, OME make some but I like the look of these (infact I like the look of most of their mods) Image below
I am sure you would have seen these before, but how do you think they are attached, U-bo;ts around the arm of brackets welded on?
J
Now thats a great idea, when i undid my rear shock absorber bottom bolt, the rather large washer was bent forwards on one side and backwards on the other. Clearly taken a few knock in both directions.

Has anyone else found they where catching the bottom part of their rear shocks? Or is it just my poor driving skills :roll: ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks