Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bump stop spacers

Julian

Just putting together some details for a bit of suspension re-working
I am going to need to put a 40mm spacer on the rear bumpstops and a little 6mm ish spacer on the fronts.
I had been thinking of using some HDPE sheet, Is that a good idea or do you think they should be metal?
Thanks
Julian

I would think that would be strong enough and flexible enough for a bump stop spacer. Might even be better than something more rigid ?

Thanks chap, I thought it would be pretty good as well
On a different matter I have been looking in too some stone guards, OME make some but I like the look of these (infact I like the look of most of their mods) Image below
I am sure you would have seen these before, but how do you think they are attached, U-bo;ts around the arm of brackets welded on?
J

If those are something you can buy then my guess would be a U shaped bracket around the arm rather than weld on. If it's a one off then they might have welded some brackets to the arm to make sure the plate didn't move.

That's the Le Metal Technique stuff unless I'm mistaken? Very nice kit - but very not-so-nice prices :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep, nice looking truck with no roof rack :lol:

And no roof bars either - what yours would look like with the rack off and just the track covers in place ;) :cool:

[hijack]

zimcruza said:
And no roof bars either - what yours would look like with the rack off and just the track covers in place ;) :cool:

It was like that for a while till recently, didn't like it, looked like something was missing :)

[/hijack]

orcatech1 said:
On a different matter I have been looking in too some stone guards, OME make some but I like the look of these (infact I like the look of most of their mods) Image below
I am sure you would have seen these before, but how do you think they are attached, U-bo;ts around the arm of brackets welded on?
J

Now thats a great idea, when i undid my rear shock absorber bottom bolt, the rather large washer was bent forwards on one side and backwards on the other. Clearly taken a few knock in both directions.

Has anyone else found they where catching the bottom part of their rear shocks? Or is it just my poor driving skills :roll: ?

They're often like that Rob, bit of a design feature :lol:

Back