Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can't find a job....any advice

Navraj Singh

Garage
Hey Guys,

Been looking for a job since I graduated with an MBA in September but haven;t found anything yet.

I have tried all avenues but no luck. I was speaking to the other members at the London meet and they advised me to post online. Maybe there is someone who can help.

I understand that its a bad time with Xmas round the corner but just giving it a shot.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers :thumbup:

What sort of work are you looking for, Nav? And what sectors? Obviously some sectors have been worse hit by the weak economy than others, so competition for jobs will be fierce.

As you say, this time of year is likely to be tough other than for temp cover for people taking holidays! BUt no harm in getting your CV in circulation for the New Year!

Cheers,

Hi Andrew,

I am interested in Marketing, project management and have experience from the manufacturing field.

Get your name registered with a few recruitment agencies. They'll plague you with stuff but if you perservere you'll find an odd gem in there. And have a good quality CV.

I have found http://www.reed.co.uk/ to be quite good, much better than Monster which just spam you with irrelevant stuff. Also get yourself on http://www.linkedin.com/home where you can be found or find jobs through networking. Other than that get yourself on as many job sites and agencies as possible and be persistent. Took me about 7 months to find a graduate job last year in the engineering sector which is doing better than others...

EDIT: Does your Uni have a careers department? It should. It may be useful to attend careers events organised by them to meet employers who are looking for people to work for them. Generally most universities still let you use their careers facilities after you have graduated.

I have an account on linkedin and an subscribed to reed.co.uk. I have registered with many many marketing job agencies but nothing yet.

Fingers Crossed......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back