Center Diff Lock stuck on

oliver1997 Jan 6, 2020

1. oliver1997

oliver1997 New Member I am in australia

Map
    Need help!

Just last week I purchased a FZJ80 series Landcruiser.

I went into Low Range, which prompted the center diff lock light to light up on the dash. I tried pressing the button to get the light off which didn't work, so I went into High Range, which still didn't work.

I tried to do research but I can't seem to find anyone with this issue, I've tried reversing backward aswell.

Does anyone know any tricks to getting this off or what the issue may be? Thanks

2. AdventureWagon

AdventureWagon Member I am in australia

Map
    Usually you have to drive several metres, sometimes tens of metres before the centre diff will unlock, certainly that's my experience with my centre diff lock (in a 90 series I should say).

3. Towpack

Towpack Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    If moving forwards/backwards doesn’t fix it, jack up one end of the vehicle so both wheels are off the floor. This should release the tension in the transmission. Make sure the H/L lever is in H or N and the button on the dash is off.

Higgy likes this.
  4. IRLGW

IRLGW Well-Known Member

Is it just the light stuck on or is the difflock actually stuck on as well. Could just be the indent switch.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter