Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Centre diff lock not engaging

Peter D

Country Flag
australia
Have my prospective son-in-laws HJ105 1999 mod in garage. Can't select Centre Diff Lock (CDL) by either the switch or engaging low range. Fuses OK. No activation lights in dash. Any suggestions? Was just in Introduce myself 'New Member' forum but should have posted Q here? ** Further to the story. Now know that the heater doesn't work. Doesn't appear that power is getting to the centre console printed circuit board.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the 105s but are there any fuses under the bonnet as well as those inside?

Just a thought.

Yeah thanks. Checked all fuses. However on closer inspection of the printed circuit board I think I can see some black 'burn' marks. Possible now that he jump started it and did not use surge protection jumper leads. May have fried it. Not sure how to check now. Funny though the heater/air-con fan still works.

Yeah. Thanks for that however more to the story now. Looks like the printed circuit board has s few black spots. May have been fried. Just learned that he had to jump start it and did not use surge protected leads. Have to find some way of testing the circuit boards. Funny though - the fan and speed control for the heat/air-con still works. Very puzzling.

Still waiting to find 'new' center dash console with printed circuits boards to try. Will post update when we learn more.

Never heard of a Land Cruiser being fried by jumper cables. Pretty solid stuff, the electronics.
Have you actually checked the diff.lock actuator motor? Or that it gets any juice? Does the relay click when you press the button?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back