Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Changing the fuel filter

:twisted: :twisted: Problem cam back tonight. Pulled away from a round-about in 2nd, at 4000 it started tapering off, changed into 3rd and nudda. Foot flat and it just sat there. No omph for a few seconds. Then, with a thump, it was back. Not for the life of me can I recreate it :x

Crispin said:
:twisted: :twisted: Problem cam back tonight. Pulled away from a round-about in 2nd, at 4000 it started tapering off, changed into 3rd and nudda. Foot flat and it just sat there. No omph for a few seconds. Then, with a thump, it was back. Not for the life of me can I recreate it :x

Does the fuel Blockage light come on?

There's a fuel blockage light? Only one I know of us the water trap light. You thinking of that one?

I'm wondering if it is boost / limp mode related but would expect ecu light to come on and error codes.

Sent from TapaTalk

So after nearly not getting home on Friday and barely making into work on Monday because of this, I took it to Mr-T to have a look at again. The ECU light had come on by the time I got to drop it off.

They checked the fuel filter housing / body / pipe work and said it had a lot of crap in it. They cleaned the pipes, filter housing etc out, refitted everything and turned the ECU light off.

Drive home yesterday was much nicer. "normal" power back again. TBH, I am not convinced but they were pretty sure and whatever they did has worked. waiting and seeing...

Fingers crossed its a permanent sort this time but may just be curing the symptoms and not the cause again. :pray:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Colorado D4D have a different kind of filter inside the diesel tank, looks almost like a teabag. If anyone is interrested, I'll put up some pics. Mine was actually not too bad considering eight years service... I would personally not bother to change this filter unless you suspect this to be a problem or if you were running alternative fuels...

Back