Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chassis Painting With 'Corroless'

I am in a similar boat, with chassis and underbody rust. Fairly widespread, but thankfully, not too deep, as far as I can tell. Looks worse than it probably is, put it that way.

But, it needs arresting! I haven't tried the products mentioned here, but I plan to go with the EpoxyMastic EM121 from Rustbuster. I've already used it on the top side of the rear floor panel (i.e. inside) and a few other bits and bobs, and I'm sold. It is quite gloopy, yet it almost seems to spread itself, perhaps by surface tension, filling cracks and voids. And once set, it seems tough as hell, like a plastic. I certainly would not fancy trying to get it off. Being effectively a two part epoxy glue, every sq mm bonds directly to the substrate - I can't see any chance of it coming off in sheets (assuming the surface has been degreased etc properly, of course).

It is a little more faff to use than normal paint as you have to mix 50/50 quanties in a pot, and any mixture you don't use is lost. I just started out with 1 litre to test it out on various parts - and I will be going back for more!

I hope that's interesting for someone

Back