Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chattering noise - speed / load related

Thanks Clive, I'll get on the case tomorrow, thankfully have only about 10km to do in the morning that's unavoidable, so should be ok. (He says with trepidation!!) Have one UJ, so I'll do the t/box end until I get a second. Hopefully you're right. I did grease them before France, but I suppose if the seal in a cap is gone, the grease won't last long.

I hope I'm right now you've said that! If not, it may go a bit quiet this end... :oops::whistle:

I look at it this way.. if you're right, and it saves me much moolah. I send you thanks and the good wishes of my people. If you're wrong, something goes bang at 60mph on my way to the job and costs me a bazillion euro to fix. I send you the bill.....ha ha

:lol: You can send me what you like Bob, if it makes you feel any better :icon-biggrin:

Good luck with the hunt for the chatterer, and with receiving anything in exchange for the bill :lol:

I send you the good wishes of my people! Time is against me today as is sunlight, so I packed grease into both UJs on the front and wouldn't ya know the noise has all but vanished. I'm confident that the UJs are the issue, and bow to the superior knowledge of those who said it. The new UJs will go in at some point soon, but will have to wait till I come back from abroad - literally have no free daylight time before leaving. But only a few km of gentle driving to do, so I'm happy enough they won't let go.

Thanks again for the input fellers

Bob

Looks like it's found and proven so all there is to do us change them when you have time.

Good luck with your trip.

Richard

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good news you can enjoy your trip without thinking about truck trouble now so have fun :thumbup:

Cheers, I do like cheap fixes, and I knew it was driving too well for it to be serious, but the brain does funny things! I'll try spot some cruisers in India.

Cheers, I do like cheap fixes, and I knew it was driving too well for it to be serious, but the brain does funny things! I'll try spot some cruisers in India.

Oh the thought gremlins do creep in.

Depending where you go, I would be very surprised if you saw many cruisers in India. Mostly tuc tucs, motorbikes, taxis and prayer covered trucks from my experience. All with overused horns. [emoji37]

Safe journey.

Last edited:
Back