Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cheapest diesel night heater on eBay test / review

Ok. So who's going to take one for the team and order one ?

@fbnss just catching up...

I decided that for £127 quid it would be worth a punt. While I haven't tested mine extensively first impressions are pretty good.

It does what it says on the tin, sips of diesel in - nice hot air out
The controller is relatively easy to use
Error code list imply it monitors everything from diesel flow to internal temperature with safety cutouts if things don't function as they should

Given that it is cheap and cheerful I have opted to mount mine in a wolfbox which wont make it near the truck until I have tested it extensively over the winter. Even if I get one season out of it I think i'll be happy with the experiment.

I bought one last week for my campervan.

I'll be fitting it in the next week or so...I've done a bit of research, and am happy to take the risk at 1/6 the price of an eberspacher or webasto. I've had loads of Chinese copied gear with no real issues.

The van already has an eberspacher hydronic ( it's an ex ambulance) that pre heats the coolant and runs the hot water.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought one last week for my campervan.

I'll be fitting it in the next week or so...I've done a bit of research, and am happy to take the risk at 1/6 the price of an eberspacher or webasto. I've had loads of Chinese copied gear with no real issues.

The van already has an eberspacher hydronic ( it's an ex ambulance) that pre heats the coolant and runs the hot water.
Could you run a radiator off that to heat the rear body?

Could you run a radiator off that to heat the rear body?

Yes, but it would have to heat the engine, the hot water cylinder, and a radiator...I'm guessing that should take a while.

Hopefully blown air heating will be almost instant.

Yes, but it would have to heat the engine, the hot water cylinder, and a radiator...I'm guessing that should take a while.

Hopefully blown air heating will be almost instant.
I know people have done it though

I know people have done it though

ive done it moggy.

i have a d5 on my 24v black 80 at the min. works great. i set it up to the underfloor heating in the roof tent but it didnt work. It could easily be done though knowing what i do now.

I haven't bought one of these yet but I have been playing around with a webasto FBH off a defender. The one I bought clearly needs a good service as I found out last night. IMG_9393.jpg

It's in there amongst all the smoke.

Over all it was a successful test though as the tricky part of these things is getting them to fire in the first place requiring wiring of plugs and a wbus controller.

90% positive, 10% negative... guess anyone gassed by one hasn't had the chance to comment ;-)

Back