Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

China donates 100 ambulances

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
China donates 100 ambulances to Afghanistan

The government of China donated 100 ambulances to Afghanistan's Public Health Ministry on Thursday, Public Health Ministry said in a statement released.
"The People Republic of China donated 100 new ambulances worth 4 million U.S. dollars to the Ministry for Public Health and a technical team of China would also train Afghans on how to maintain and repair the ambulances," the statement added.
Afghan minister for public health Dr. Saraya Dalil, while thanking China for the contribution, said the ambulances will be distributed to all the health centers in the provinces.
Speaking on the occasion, Chinese ambassador to Afghanistan Xu Feihong said that China would continue to support Afghanistan and donation of these ambulances speaks of Chinese government firm commitment in this regard.

Gra

That is great but most likely not the full picture...don't want to offend but there will for sure be more involved in the deal like the promise of a huge road project in return. All over Uganda there are Chinese built road projects, Chinese motor bikes being used by the police etc. it isn't as if one day China said to itself lets give 100 ambulances away from the goodness of its heart. If course it's great there are more ambulances though!

Correct, you can be sure they are getting some thing in return.
probably road building contracts to drive the ambulances on !!

Gra

not sure the road building is going that well though judging by your other post... :?

Correct, you can be sure they are getting some thing in return.
probably road building contracts to drive the ambulances on !!

Gra

way back when the British went into under developed parts of the world with their red coats and guns and claimed it as theirs. China are now doing the same but with smiley faces and gifts.

Yeah,

What I understand is China is "buying" swathes of land in Africa, and mining the hell out of it for the base minerals.
However, "payment" is in the form of roads being built for the host country.
The roads though are not being built with local labour, oh no !
They bring in Chinese workers, so even the salary is effectively taken back to China, I can't see the Chinese road construction crews buying much in the form of "African made products" , so I see it as a "Win - Win" for China.
They would have needed roads any way to get the truck to the sea port any way !
Australia is having a great old time with mineral exports, guessing it is iron ore.
You can't buy cheaper than the base commodity.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A mate of mine recently drove through Moz. Said for hundreds of miles they rebuilding the road. All Chinese crew except for a couple of flag-wavers.
But people believed that it was create for the economy and local upliftment. British had their turn, someone else wants to play now :)

difference is that all the infrastucture they built is still there - somehow I don't think the chinese infrustructure will be in 50 years time... :oops:

way back when the British went into under developed parts of the world with their red coats and guns and claimed it as theirs. China are now doing the same but with smiley faces and gifts.

difference is that all the infrastucture they built is still there - somehow I don't think the chinese infrustructure will be in 50 years time... :oops:
Well that depends on how much Ugandan duuberies you want to pay?
f you pay cheap, you get cheap.
There is no getting away from it

They can make or build any thing you want for any price, just the quality changes.

Gra.

I rest my case.

Gra.

Attachments

• Beijing 16 June (36).jpg
    Beijing 16 June (36).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 77
Back