Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

close encounter

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
I bought one of those really cheap dash cams a while back, as the wife was convinced she saw a Wallaby here in the Dordogne - (too many G&T's after pony club I think!) Any way, it turns out that after the great storm of 1999/2000 its a possibility. We bought the camera, just in case. Anyway, we filmed this last night - not a Wallaby, but 3 local deer that have so far escaped the hunters!

Deer oh Deer

Two things are clear, I need one of them thar LED light bars! (Anyone found a not too expensive supplier) and although its pretty good during the day, my 24€ camera isnt that good in the dark.......(another light bar reason!)

Steve

Last edited:
Roe deer as it happens. Roe tend not to 'herd' very much. Fallow deer do, so when one runs out, you can bet there will be more coming!

The Roe (Chevreuil) deer are a plenty here with the odd Fallow (Biche) deer about. The Chevreuil go around in two's or Three's - its usually the young or mummy/baby group and yes, if you see one, there is usually one behind. Wild boar make more of a mess of the front of your car than these little things!
Headlamps appear a lot worse than they are due to cheapo camera. I have just put the Osram night breakers in and it improved them a little. I still want a light bar though!
Steve

Not a lightbar you need, it's a 30-06:violence-sniperpro:

Chris

:) Cant be any worse than the rubbish shots around here! One local guy bagged a Rhino last year - my mates Suzuki Rhino, 5 mins after he and his 10 year old had got out of it.........a boar dropping ball, straight through the door post......
We will be glad when end Feb is here - end of the season and a big party :)

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back