Club meets, laning and Lincomb

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
While having a chat to TonyS after last weekends Lincomb gathering I had a few thoughts (my wife would say that's dangerous) about what has happened with running laning trips for the previous events. I like laning but it does seem like there are 2 seperate events taking place, those that stay at Lincomb and those that go laning. So my thought was, would there be any interest in arranging a club laning trip with camping on Friday and Saturday night at Lincomb and spend Saturday laning in Wales or Shropshire? Seems like that would be about the same for the laning crowd as the previous Lincomb events just minus the sunday play in the woods and the pig? Just an idea to suplement whatever happens with the main events, thought I'd say it out loud as it were :)

And third :thumbup:

I won't bring my 120, ( it's too clean now after a full vallet)
I rather like to see how my 70 can do.

Graham

I have been wanting to go with some of the experienced laning people around that area as its hard to know where is good.
Count me in for defo if it happens. :clap:
karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Me too. :thumbup:
Chas

Well there's obviously some interest so lets see if we can find a date that suits TonyS and us and try to get something organised. What month(s) do you fancy? Wales, Shropshire or both?

November is good for me. I don't mind where we go.

My weekends get booked up pretty quick these days but I do still have a few dates free towards the middle/end of November onwards. I'd personally like to explore more of South Wales and the Brecons as I haven't done anything south of Strata (yet). Shropshire might be a nice change of scenery too. Just my thoughts... I can probably lead a group if needed.

Jim.

Hi Guys,

Any weekends available now to end of feb.

Just let me know.

Cheers,Tony.

Whooop whoop!!! Back end of November might be feasible for me & Lord Muxley...

Yep - I could be convinced I think, depending on dates :lol:

I would like this,as much notice as possible please as i struggle to get time off work at w.ends.
as a novice i dont mind where as not been to any of them. :thumbup:

gary

So how does the 20th November look to everyone?

Jim AFAIK there's not a lot we can still drive that's worth doing south of Strata until you get all the way down to Monmouth. There are odd lanes but mainly short and perhaps not making a great day trip route? If you know different then let us know, it's been a while since I looked closely at that area.

How far we go probably depends a bit on how early you're all prepared to be up and away on the Saturday morning. Mid Wales i.e. Kington across to Builth has a good density of lanes if you don't want to venture too far but there are lots of options so make some suggestions.

Ill be the first to say yes for defo then please john. Carnt wait. :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

Tony did tell me the rates for the camping (if you camp), to cover use of the toilets / showers etc but I've forgotten them :roll: I think he'll see this and post them for us :)

Back