Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Club meets, laning and Lincomb

Im definetly on for this trip,happy to camp fri and sat or just meet on the sat depending on everybody else whos going?
are we gonna bbq on the sat night??or go to pub for a meal?? :thumbup:

Jon,do you you know about routes etc yet?what sort of distance will we be covering?dont forget my car is in standard form so not to xtreme pls :pray:

cheers Gary

Gary Mead said:
dont forget my car is in standard form
We can soon fix that :lol: don't worry we'll have tow ropes for if traction is the problem and we can float you across the river section :thumbup: :mrgreen:

I haven't planned the route yet Gary but I won't forget you and we'll want you to come again ;) It's usually about 200 miles but that depends a bit what time we set off.

Gary i thought you were having a lift kit fitted etc etc. You have the ats on dont you.? You will be fine. I carnt wait. We did strata a wile ago but not all of it as we ran out of time. As for the sat night is anyone thinking of stopping then? I wasnt going to but if people are lanning on the sun and they know where they are going i may be tempted to stop the extra night
karl :thumbup:

What hoh chaps, we need to get a final roll call for the forthcoming weekend so plans can be hatched...

Looks as though Ryan can't attend as his house move has come through quicker then anticipated - congrats buddy, these property exercises can be fraught with mantraps - hope it all finishes off fine for you :cool:

For us less transient types, just to re-cap, Jon is planning a route for us on the Saturday; I intend to rock up at the start point on Saturday morning rather than camp at Lincomb (family reasons...) on Friday night.

Jon has intimated an approximate finish area to his route planning & what I would like to do is plan a wild camp (or site??) around there for Saturday night & then head towards North Wales on Sunday to take in some more lanes - Happy Valley, Sarn Helen & that one over Moel Saibod to finish around Betws-y-coed around dark.

Karl, any chance Dave will do a single night roughing it if you guys were to trek across to the start point on the Saturday am maybe... I know we've talked about heading back across to do some lanes in Derbyshire on Sunday instead of heading towards North Wales - all it is, I think we'd end up doubling up on the road miles if we try to plan something in like that. Plus with the short days etc etc... Jon has kindly offered to help compile a wee route for the Sunday & Jim (Jimbo4x4) has offered his assistance too.

We camped in somewhat of a quarry (forestry commission road junction) on Strata Florida a few weeks back which worked out pretty well - we were able to have a great fire & some tasty pasta (thanks Rob ) for tea with plenty of bacon & eggs (no bread...) for breakfast which gave us a great launch spot for North Wales on the Sunday... If we plan for an early start on the Sunday, we should be able to hit the lanes there in daylight... :whistle: (We did Happy Valley in the pitch dark & it was excellent fun!!!)

Anyhoo, I hope I'm not messing with anyone's mojo here - Friday/Saturday can remain undisturbed for them that wants but being a shellfish beggar, I'd like to plan something along the lines of the above for Sunday. We'll have to do Derbyshire soon though Karl :thumbup:

Cheers

I'd love to make this one, but only two wheels, one diff, no injectors and missing inlet manifold gaskets. I think winching myself around might be a little tricky.

I have heard today that there is a pay and play day at the little site in Holymoorside near Chesterfield that I posted a few weeks ago. It's the 12th of December. Karl, be handy for you. No details at present, but I think it's open house.

Chris

Gav Peter said:
What hoh chaps, we need to get a final roll call for the forthcoming weekend so plans can be hatched...

Looks as though Ryan can't attend as his house move has come through quicker then anticipated - congrats buddy, these property exercises can be fraught with mantraps - hope it all finishes off fine for you :cool:

SWAMBO has already compiled a to do list for me that looks like it will last till my 50th, I'm only 28 :cry:

Job list:
1. Move radiator in master bedroom.
2... blah blah blah...
99... finally set up man shed and play with welder :twisted:

Hope you guys have fun :thumbup:
I am jealous though :x

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Y'know, the queues at B&Q on a Saturday AM sometimes mean you don't get back home til late on Sunday evening Ryan... Play that one down the 18th!!! :cool:

... :think: ....

unfortunately swambo's tend to be a bit more savvy than that :evil:

I just keep repeating my mantra to get me through: "man shed, Welder, workshop... :twisted:"

Here's hoping Jan bring loads of snow and some great laning :thumbup:

Ryan Thomson said:
unfortunately swambo's tend to be a bit more savvy than that
:chores-mowlawn: :chores-laundry: :chores-chopwood: 'Coming dear...'

Ryan Thomson said:
I just keep repeating my mantra to get me through: "man shed, Welder, workshop... "
Here's hoping Jan bring loads of snow and some great laning
:text-bravo:

Oi, i don't do none of that, well at least not :chores-vacuum: :chores-mop: :chores-laundry:, maybe a little of this though... :chores-chopwood: :violence-chainsaw: :chores-mowlawn:
:obscene-birdiedoublegreen:

:lol: Get your ass to Wales at the weekend you slacker!!! :lol:

Mind you, I desperately need to :chores-mowlawn: but the [s:2ldn7cvl]bog[/s:2ldn7cvl] lawn is just so damn wet... :whistle:

Graham said:
And third :thumbup:

I won't bring my 120, ( it's too clean now after a full vallet)
I rather like to see how my 70 can do.

Graham
Well the red 70 series got sold very fast, so I am back down to just the 120.

Having read through the posts again from page 1 to end, there seems to be a group of peeps' traveling down Friday 19th, and camping over, and then another group who will probably arrive at said location on Saturday morning.
However, I see two start times, one was 7am, and one was 10am.

If the 7am start time is catered for, then there is not really much time for the 'non Friday ' campers to get down there.

What I am really asking is, is the lanes really going to start at 7am, or a more sociable time of around 10am?

Driving down from Warrington on Friday could be bad with traffic, and then sleep over in the back of the LC, or preferably, have an early morning start from Warrington on Saturday morning, and meet up with every one around 9am for breakfasty and coffee's before the lanes are started.

Any one else planning to depart from 'The North West' area for this event?

Graham

We will be going down fri graham prob about six leaving. Unless we go down sat morning early. I will post a defo soon
karl

Its all a bit 'subject to confirmation' at the moment but with the short days I would like us to be hitting the trails nice & early to get a good daysworth. I am planning to travel to the start point on Saturday morning & am happy with an early start to get there in good time.

Plus with planning a wild camp for Saturday night, it would be good to find a pitch in vague daylight which means curtailing my driving activities to 4ish I guess... Not essential though - so long as I can have a fire :cool:

We should leave Lincomb at 8am sharp but we still won't hit the first lane till 9:30am ish. I'm used to setting off at 6am you slackers :mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
We should leave Lincomb at 8am sharp but we still won't hit the first lane till 9:30am ish. I'm used to setting off at 6am you slackers :mrgreen:
A wake-up call about 7am with a nice cuppa would be most welcome Jon :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Do you have a meet point in mind at Kington Jon? Looks like a good 2½ hour run down from the Wirral so that will be chocks away for MUX & me around 6am :D

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":2qfjatbs]We should leave Lincomb at 8am sharp but we still won't hit the first lane till 9:30am ish. I'm used to setting off at 6am you slackers :mrgreen:
Do you have a meet point in mind at Kington Jon? Looks like a good 2½ hour run down from the Wirral so that will be chocks away for MUX & me around 6am :D[/quote:2qfjatbs]

I will have to let you know when I know Gav but it won't be in Kington, I said near it ;)

Who is definately coming then? Do you have a roof tent? Snorkel? MT's?

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Gav Peter":38bq8xxx][quote="Jon Wildsmith":38bq8xxx]We should leave Lincomb at 8am sharp but we still won't hit the first lane till 9:30am ish. I'm used to setting off at 6am you slackers :mrgreen:
Do you have a meet point in mind at Kington Jon? Looks like a good 2½ hour run down from the Wirral so that will be chocks away for MUX & me around 6am :D[/quote:38bq8xxx]

I will have to let you know when I know Gav but it won't be in Kington, I said near it ;)

Who is definately coming then? Do you have a roof tent? Snorkel? MT's?[/quote:38bq8xxx]
I'll be there, yes, yes and yes.

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":pn4exor1]We should leave Lincomb at 8am sharp but we still won't hit the first lane till 9:30am ish. I'm used to setting off at 6am you slackers :mrgreen:
Do you have a meet point in mind at Kington Jon? Looks like a good 2½ hour run down from the Wirral so that will be chocks away for MUX & me around 6am :D[/quote:pn4exor1]
Hi Gav,
We could probably drive down together on early Saturday morning.
116 miles, 2h 43 mins.
You would most probably M53, - A5 through Oswestry ?
I will M56 - M53 - A5 through Oswestry, so just a little longer for me but not much
I think Karl is also going?
Calling Karl, , , , ,

Graham

Back