Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clutch slipping, how long do they last?

keith97

Clutch was replaced on my Cruiser approx 90,000 miles ago. It does some trailer work, probably at most 10% of the 90k miles was with a trailer. I am guilty of slipping it when using reverse. Noticed recently when accelerating hard in 4th gear it's slipping a bit. Just wondering what's the normal life of a clutch in these and any recommendations for which brand to go for.

Not sure specifically on the LC, but 90k is about right for a clutch in general.

I’d plan to get it replaced sooner rather run it till it stops driving as you don’t want to destroy your flywheel. If it’s a single mass flywheel you should be ok to reuse, but if it’s a dual mass, you’ll want to replace it as well.
Have a look at the back of the engine for oil leaks, a good time to replace the rear main crank seal while it’s apart if needed
Aisin is a good brand to choose

I had mine replaced at about 90k miles. Went for genuine parts at the dealer... its still in it and pulling perfectly 270,000 later, trailer work, field work etc, mixed use.. but a bit of mechanical sympathy from years of machinery use.

but a bit of mechanical sympathy from years of machinery use.
this.

ive always had it drilled into me not to slip the clutch if possible. nor sit at the lights with the clutch depressed. puts wear on the thrust bearing.

My 80 is still on the original clutch,@ 333000 miles.... So going Genuine means they can do the miles....... Iv done a lot of heavy Trailer work..... Now iv Posted this im just waiting for it to go Bang, Sods Law.....:wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back