Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Codsy

59codsy

uploadfromtaptalk1455565261165.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Guys /Girls I have a problem ign fuse 3rd down inside cab is blowing (dead short) when I try to start her if you put a supply to fuel pump she starts has anybody any idea why I'm having that problem

Fuel pump relay? Wiring to the fuel pump where it passes through bulkheads frayed. What other components in the car rely on that fuse?

regards

Dave

Nice looking Land Cruiser. Looks great with BF Goodrich tyres.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice looking truck Codsy. Great colour for an 80.

Morning all it a 96 VX 4-2 been loved from New and lived indoors, not been resprayed shall take a look at fuel pump relay

Check if anything is wired directly to the little fuse box behind the battery on the drivers side (uk) I had day light running leds wired to mine they got wet and started drawing too much current and blowing the ignition fuse under the dash

Auto electrician looking at it tomorrow keep you all posted

At last she is back on the road, the problem some sort of relay that feeds the tow bar sockets disconnected for time being as I do not use , yipee taking her for a run

Ddriving the Lexus has been nice but I missed her

I've managed to dig out my wiring diagrams for the 1994 80 series. I have them on cd rom somewhere but cannot find it at the mo.

Excuse the scrawl but hopefully these should be of some help. Writing is small but you should be able to zoom in. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456058681.659262.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456058699.232195.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059046.714450.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059075.930226.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059090.970315.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059104.461432.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059148.130649.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059165.276793.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456059178.697951.jpg

Hope this is of some help. Not sure if this is available elsewhere in the FSM for instance.

Yours is a 96, which of course could be different. According to these drawings, which seem to be for a petrol though there is likely some common ground, the ign 7.5A fuse only feeds the alternator volt sense and alternator light. You really need the drawing that pertains to your exact vehicle.

Last edited:
Many many thanks for the drawings, the problem is real mystery, mine is a 4-2 diesel, but the latest is I started the truck over 100 times, when it didn't start last time the fuse had not blown, I don't if I mentioned that the sockets for towing the sparkie disconnected as he said t be problem was there, coincidence I had a wet patch in the boot, took the panel off where the Jack lives and signs of water was there, looking in there I'm wondering if that's where they have taken some wiring from for lights and indicators I'm no expert but touch wood problems seem to have gone away

Many many thanks for the drawings, the problem is real mystery, mine is a 4-2 diesel, but the latest is I started the truck over 100 times, when it didn't start last time the fuse had not blown, I don't if I mentioned that the sockets for towing the sparkie disconnected as he said t be problem was there, coincidence I had a wet patch in the boot, took the panel off where the Jack lives and signs of water was there, looking in there I'm wondering if that's where they have taken some wiring from for lights and indicators I'm no expert but touch wood problems seem to have gone away

If that water has got to where the trailer socket relay is (the bit that beeps when you indicate) these relays don't like being in water and can blow fuses like that. Check it out and see.

Water in the jack area… check your side rear windows… have you had them film tinted? They remove the glass and replace it, often without cleaning off the sealant that can be present.

The water in the Jack area I think I may have caused this myself, I always wash the truck by hand, but recently I used the power wash machine and I think water got in some how

Possible, especially if you aimed it closely at a window rubber, or you may have a small rust patch in the wheel arch that the pressure washer has blasted into a hole. Worth a check with a torch.

Guys, you seem to be t be ones with loads of knowledge, going back to the ign fuse blowing, I washed the truck yesterday and had the hose on the sliding rear Windows nearside water was dripping into the panel where the Jack lives are those windows totally reliant the seals or is there a drain hole somewhere in the bottom grove ?

Back