Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

colarado

touterrain

Country Flag
france
Hi I am a newby to the forum, I have done a basic search and am still stuck, A year ago my 98 3l Auto was parked up in a garage the batteries were not disconnected, I took them off last week charged them no problem, refitted them and the car will not start, It appears to be immobalised, when I put the only key in the black master, the immo light on ctr console continues to flash quickley , I understand this indicated key not recognised, It will crank and light flashes whilst cranking, Can the immo be disconnected ?

cheers
Anthony

Can you lock and unlock the doors OK with the key fob / key? Isnt there a turn ignition on/off hold for x seconds and turn round 3 times routine to reprogram the key?

Steve

Can you lock and unlock the doors OK with the key fob / key? Isnt there a turn ignition on/off hold for x seconds and turn round 3 times routine to reprogram the key?

Steve

Yes steve key opens doors, I don't have a remote just the black key, which should be the master, every thing seams to work except it wont recognise the key, I will happily wire out the immo if possible, but I am new to jap electronics, i have fitted electronic engines in buggies without problem but i am in the dark with this one
Anthony

Not too sure how the immobilisers work in these vehicles but like many others once the key part of the immobiliser is within the range (inside the car) then the car should automatically pick that up itself and you should be able to start the car. Even when it's immobilised you can start the car but have a range to drive it I should think.

On that note, I have once locked the Colorado (immobilising it) and couldn't unlock it with the fob so had to unlock it with the key (alarm screaming), wait for the alarm to go off and drive home (60 miles) with the car alarm waiting to sound, it was a very tense drive.

It sounds as though the key you have is not the key for the ignition barrel.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks trevor, But as I have said I have never had the remote, It is the ign key that has lost its sync to ecu
Anthony

Last edited:
Back