Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cold calling to buy a car

Nice chap. Got chatting to him for quite a long time. The car is a UK Spec 80 modified for moderate to severe offroading so it's tatty. Started and ran well on first turn of the starter. Sounded lovely. It's an auto in metallic blue, front/centre/rear lockers, winch, radios, muddies, sliders, etc.

He wants to sell it but it's not the car for me.

He does have a load of overlanding gear though, so there's some success there, as he'll want to get rid of it (roof tent, fridges, etc).

I knew I was a charismatic chap.

Nice chap. Got chatting to him for quite a long time. The car is a UK Spec 80 modified for moderate to severe offroading so it's tatty. Started and ran well on first turn of the starter. Sounded lovely. It's an auto in metallic blue, front/centre/rear lockers, winch, radios, muddies, sliders, etc.

He wants to sell it but it's not the car for me.

He does have a load of overlanding gear though, so there's some success there, as he'll want to get rid of it (roof tent, fridges, etc).

I knew I was a charismatic chap.

Thought you said it was maroon :think: maybe it was just dirty...:lol:

Did he name a price?

Tell him to post it up here or even offer to do it for him .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bought my first Aston Martin by knocking on the owners front door. Deal done in 24 hours. That was a 1967 car in 1974. Got it home to find it totally rotten.

Bought my first Aston Martin by knocking on the owners front door. Deal done in 24 hours. That was a 1967 car in 1974. Got it home to find it totally rotten.
First?
That would be a db6 then I guess. The definition of an optimist, someone who thinks they can just about afford an Aston Martin! Once upon a time I was that man, had my eye on a dbs but didn’t have a garage at the time. That was about 15 years ago and in that time prices have gone up by a factor of about 10

In Ireland there is only one type of person who knocks on doors to buy cars, and believevme they dont drive Aston Martins! Unless they have a towbar maybe....

DBS Moggy. 12 months later I bought a DB6 with cylinder head in boot. From a garage who had stored it for years and I asked if I could buy it. Next 10 years I had 3 x DB5's and 2 x DB4GT's. Gt's were all in bits, in my mind one of the most desirable cars in the world. All on borrowed money.lol.

When i was young and motorbike crazy there was an Aston on the forecourt of a place for several years , i think the price tag was about £40,000 and it was the only thing with four wheels that ever grabbed my attention i would park up near it to sit on the wall for a smoke while looking at it thinking what if .

I just found this

Edit - it was £27,000 the fog of memory is clearing

Yep the aston and a mustang are the only cars that really interest me. Other than that big diesels really.

Good video Shayne. Mine was the 6 cylinder auto whereas the one you show was a V8. The DBs's were wider than they should have been due to an error interpreting the drawings when making the chassis. Cost me £1,400 and a year to learn how to fold chassis rails and weld ally body panels.

Back