Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado Rear Axle

tarrymittens

Does anyone know of any company that supplies weld on replacement brackets for Colorado rear axles? I require a new bracket for the panhard rod and also a new seat for a coil spring. I have seen brackets advertised for Landrovers, but can find no one supplying brackets for Toyota.

Highly unlikely. You will probably have to have them made. Unless TOYO lists them as a part which they sometimes do, you won't be able to get them separately. There's just no market.

Found a rear axle casing on Milners for a reasonable price. Does anyone have any tips on removing back axle and transferring components to new casing?

Hmm, remove axle and transfer components, I'd suggest. Actually all joking aside - it's pretty much that. Getting the axle off isn't hard really. Top and bottom arms, brake line, prop handbrake cable etc. Shockers and springs. You just need to find a way to get the chassis up. Don't the arms with the wheels on the ground and the weight still on it. The rear axle will roll away! Worth leaving wheels on though as it's easier to move about although you may have to jack the body up quite high.

Drain the oil first in situ perhaps.

You got an axle from Milners? Really?

Chris

Oh yeah! Just had a look. Well done you. I think that was closing down stock from a Toyota dealer. Nice find.

Back