Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Comarnic - Romania - 2020

Been doing a bit of research and as I see it UK residents are not allowed in Austria but I think you are allowed to drive though without stopping, Hungary as it stands at the moment UK residents have to quarantine for 14 days, And looking on the Romanian Gov website we would have to quarantine there as well
I suppose a lot of the restrictions ate there because our borders were closed to them, now we have opened ours things may change lets hope so

i will wait to book the crossing to France
And the money they want for a return crossing ain't cheap as well

update on Belgium

belgium

read the section

Transport & International / When should travellers self isolate?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But not into Hungary yet

As we're into the last week of July, I just thought to recap on the state of play .... We have the following:

1. David - maybe, depending on border controls;
2. Jon Wildsmith - Chunnel booked
3. Chas, . . . . . . if I can get a new kidney before September. :laughing:
4. Higgy and Clare...(Subject to Clare missing out on her Teachers Holiday this year) :lol:

The state of each countries' restrictions continues to fluctuate, but they do seem to be relaxing as opposed to any tightening up due to a 'second wave' or whatever the authorities want to call it.

@Jon Wildsmith , just as a matter of interest, what dates have you booked for the chunnel, or have you got an open booking? I need to firm-up the time I'll be taking off work and I don't want to screw-up leave dates (like I did last year :eusa-naughty:).

The last 2 weeks of August seem to be Sunday 16th through to 29th, but I'm interested as to whether I'll need to take Monday 31st as well.

Of course if anyone else want to come they're more than welcome, and if any on the list so far are definitely dropping out, then it would be nice to know.

Fingers still crossed for more lifting of travel restrictions :handgestures-finge:

I have a flexible booking Clive . I do have a delayed shipment of parts from Amayama causing a bit of concern at the moment for the truck being ready though and could yet drop out, and is Hungary still closed? so please plan for what works best for you first and foremost.

As we're into the last week of July, I just thought to recap on the state of play .... We have the following:

1. David - maybe, depending on border controls;
2. Jon Wildsmith - Chunnel booked
3. Chas, . . . . . . if I can get a new kidney before September. :laughing:
4. Higgy and Clare...(Subject to Clare missing out on her Teachers Holiday this year) :lol:

The state of each countries' restrictions continues to fluctuate, but they do seem to be relaxing as opposed to any tightening up due to a 'second wave' or whatever the authorities want to call it.

@Jon Wildsmith , just as a matter of interest, what dates have you booked for the chunnel, or have you got an open booking? I need to firm-up the time I'll be taking off work and I don't want to screw-up leave dates (like I did last year :eusa-naughty:).

The last 2 weeks of August seem to be Sunday 16th through to 29th, but I'm interested as to whether I'll need to take Monday 31st as well.

Of course if anyone else want to come they're more than welcome, and if any on the list so far are definitely dropping out, then it would be nice to know.

Fingers still crossed for more lifting of travel restrictions :handgestures-finge:
I have a flexible booking Clive . I do have a delayed shipment of parts from Amayama causing a bit of concern at the moment for the truck being ready though and could yet drop out, and is Hungary still closed? so please plan for what works best for you first and foremost.

Ok Jon, Understood.
Just try to keep us posted so we know what’s what and when (if any).
:thumbup:

I think you better take me off the list Clive, I spoke to a Doctor recently and he said if at my age I could even survive the operation I would have to take drugs to suppress my immune system to stop the new kidney from being rejected which could leave me susceptible to other infections which would probably kill me anyway, so I think a transplant is out of the question. So it's just read the reports and look at the pictures. :cry:

What can anyone say to that Chas , soldier on as i'm sure you will and be assured i will never do this trip without recounting some very memorable moments you have given me , some more amusing than others it has to be said but all remembered with a smile :thumbup:

Thanks Sarah, we’re keeping our fingers crossed.
Is there no chance of us being graced by a visit from you guys in the mighty FJ?:think:
I’d love to come!! but can’t plan anything until solicitors have finished f***ing about with a house sale - grrrrrr and I’m not sure I want to travel it alone. If I can book a ferry last minute then yes or if the date gets pushed into Sept due to borders etc.... oh and not sure Zero wouldn’t chase your cats :0(

well as far as i can see it only Austria and Hungary causing a problem now

Also looks like Hungary are not letting you back from Romania, without quarantine , now how they can enforce this I have no idea. As it stands at the moment people from Leicester are not allowed into Belgium tbh how would they know never seen a border control there well not on a road

can get into Austria but cant enter if you have been to romania

Entry requirements Version: 27.07.2020a, applicable till 30.09.2020, further developments to be observed • persons who are citizens as well as their family members living in the same household or (habitual) residents of one of these countries AND who are arriving from one of these countries AND who have only been to these countries or in Austria within the last 10 days are free to enter Austria (no molecular-biological SARS-CoV-2-test, no quarantine): Andorra, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican third-country nationals arriving from out of Schengen area are not allowed to enter Austria • third-country nationals arriving from Schengen area, Andorra, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Monaco, Romania, San Marino, United Kingdom or Vatican are required to provide a health certificate5 not older than 72 hours which confirms that a negative molecular biological SARS-CoV-2- test is given and are required to start a 10- days quarantine • remaining persons are required to provide a health certificate5 not older than 72 hours which confirms that a negative molecular biological SARS-CoV-2- test is given or are required to start a 10-days quarantine • if not providing a health certificate and arriving from Albania, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brasil, Bulgaria, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kosovo, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Nigeria, North Macedonia (Rep.), Pakistan, China (People´s Rep.) – Province Hubei, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russian Fed., Senegal, Serbia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine or USA a molecularbiological SARS-CoV-2-test has to be made within 48 hours after arrival • exemptions apply to (persons are allowed to enter Austria, but are required to provide a health certificate5 not older than 72 hours which confirms that a negative molecular biological SARS-CoV-2-test is given):

Ufff, I’m getting rather tired of the bs that’s driving these disparate measures around the globe.

Let’s see if there’s any changes between now and mid-August...:icon-rolleyes:

Back