Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Compressor/ jump starter

Nuclear Chicken

My crappy little Silverline compressor/ jump start thingy has expired. I dismantled it the other evening and it's so shitty I have no idea how it has survived the 3 or so years I have it. The piston/ cylinder makeup is laughable but heck, it did work if very noisy. Anyway, I want a replacement and am looking for suggestions. The compressor bit is most important. Jump start leads are nice but not that important really. I always use one at home with a good gauge as the garage forecourts are inaccurate.

Any recommendations? Value for money is the key, not the 'price'.

I have the T-Max compressor. For £70 delivered you seem to get a lot of compressor. Used it a fair amount but certainly not a lot and it laughs at my tyres. Very happy with it.

Can't find the model now but IIRC, it was around the 60-70 mark from fleabay.

I too bought the T-Max :) But the big daddy one around £90 :D

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8804

!B2),rQQ!mk~$(KGrHqYOKkQEyONWqOCoBMj0vcUoj!~~_35.JPG

Fini Flash 12V portable compressor and a heavy duty bicycle pump.
Hasn't got a cut off switch, continues to run and has a pressure release valve.
You switch it on/off manually or pump it manually :clap:

Can put out a decent flow, airing up directly only takes about 10 minutes for 4, 33" tyres.

When airing up several vehicles I've got a weird tank setup.

Have someone drill a second valve hole in your spare tyre wheel.
Remove both valvecores and attach compressor and air line to spare tyre.
You spare tyre is now working as a decent sized tank and with valvecores removed you can get a decent airflow.
Set compressor to 5 bar and away you go.
When done you simply screw in both valvecores again.

I always keep the spare inflated to about 4.5 or 5 bar, take a look at the bead seating pressure and stay well within limits.
Mostly the extra pressure inside the spare is enough to air up a single 33" tyre or something else that needs a shot of air without hooking up the portable compressor.

Back