Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

compressor oil quantity?

Anas

Country Flag
libya
hello guys
have a question and need answers
got a land cruiser 100 that i brought it to libya and had the A/C compressor seals warn which let out all oil and coolant gas out know i had all the seals changed but don't know how much oil should be poured into the compressor please help?
P.S the compressor is a denso 10pa20c
car has front/rear/coolbox init
many thanks

Hi Anas, have a look at this thread which describes oil in the 15 and 17 compressors. https://www.landcruiserclub.net/com...c-replaces-seized-10pa-15l-compressor.143961/

As a guide, the oil level in my 15 comes to around 6mm below the top of the discharge 'hopper' under the rectangular adapter plate.

Pop over to the 'introduce yourself' section and say Hi and tell us a bit about you and your truck. We like photos too.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

That's about right SC but that is assuming ALL the oil has gone which is difficult to establish.

That's about right SC but that is assuming ALL the oil has gone which is difficult to establish.
Yep that's what I'm trying to say I definitely haven't got no oil in it that's what I want to know is how much do I have to pore in it

The best thing is to purge the system, blow out any remaining oil in the correct direction, ideally with the parts separated but can be done just as well through the entire system. Just take the hoses off the compressor (after recovering all the refrigerant), cover the low side (bigger pipe) with a cloth or hold it into something to catch the oil that will emerge at 90mph) and blast with nitrogen at a good flow rate.

It is better to put A LITTLE too much oil in than not enough as the system can cope with it. In other words if there's any left after blasting through that amount won't matter.

I've often thought that that trough on the compressor intake is for mass production. That way the assembler just fills the trough to the top. that is a fail safe way to ensure the right amount of oil goes in. (Rotate at same time of course).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice and easy to pour in and acts as a reservoir, though it will get carried from there round the system. Probably measured in on the production line by machine…squirt, next…squirt, next…

will try and do that but i read some threads that said i need to pore 6-7 ounces of oil for the denso compressors don't know if that's the right amount but guess have to just go with it thanks guys by the way been such a great help

Back