Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Condensation in headlamp

remove headlight and use swmbo's hair dryer through the bulb holder :clap: ... That'l sort it :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Got no SWMBO, and got no hair, so no hair dryer!

I've taken out the bulbs and stuck a small fan heater down in the gap - see if that helps.

If you're just after getting rid of what you've got then remove the cover/gasket from the back of the headlight and leave them on main beam for 20min or so till its dried out. It's what I normally do for any of my forward facing lights that need drying out. I also normally disconnect the one that doesn't need drying out so its not a drain on the battery :) If it's a recurring issue then you need to find out how the moisture's getting in in the first place, this could be down to something as simple as a poorly replaced cover/gasket, good luck :thumbup:

After you've dried the lamp out a smear of Vaseline or silicon grease around the rubber seal helps keep the moisture out.

Thread s piece of cotton through a silica sachet and leave it in for a week. Remove knowing it's all gone.

Find and repair reason it leaked.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys. The heater seems to have done the trick - until next time. It looks like the lens clips on, so guess I'll have a go at breaking the lens an resealing it. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the sidelight to cure the condensation problem with that.

You could try removing the clips and if the glass does not come off clean it all off, degrease and run a bead of winscreen sealer around the joint. Then put the clips back on.

Frank

DaveN said:
It looks like the lens clips on, so guess I'll have a go at breaking the lens an resealing it
Yea right :mrgreen: I've always enjoyed a good laugh, post some piccys up when you do this :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

viewtopic.php?f=15&p=54387#p54387

sae70 said:
I don't envy you this task :roll: The last time I did this was to replace a cracked lens & it took me ages & left me all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Once the lens was off I used a hot air gun/paint striper type of thing to soften the mastic then just slowly worked around the groove with a flat blade screwdriver & a Stanley knife gradually removing all of the old glue over a period of time like the rest of my life :twisted: :p

It is doable but what a bitch of a job :thumbdown:

If you do manage to do it don't then use to much mastic/glue when putting it back together as it makes a proper mess if you do :( Remember just enough if anything go just under put the lens on then have a look to see how much more you need remove the lens top up with mastic/glue then drop the lens back on :lol:

Good luck :thumbup: I'll say a little :pray: for you :D

I shant ever be doing it again though :) Lifes to short :p

Back