Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Convert your iPhone to a Satellite phone ...

If you believe the blurb, it's a thing of beauty. I have heard of the technology before. They were talking about it when I was on Arran in the New Year. Guess you'd have to buy a new one everytime Apple wash their socks.

Chris

interesting idea but turns your iphone into even more of a brick?

And what exactly is wrong with a brick, pray tell?

Last edited:
nothing if you need to break a window :lol: don't tell me you're an iphone fan as well John :whistle:

Well it's thinner than the Thuraya I have, that's for sure.

Sorry Jon, did you say Windows was broken again :whistle:

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
not here Chris, works like a dream, only the i stuff gives me trouble :lol: good job we're not all the same eh?

Ha Ha it's like fish in a barrel with you Guys. On a slightly more serious note, I think that the problems really lie when you attempt to mix i stuff as you call it and the Microsoft stuff. Keep them apart and you're fine. I have all i stuff and I don't get a minute's problem. Other than when I try to run office or something like that designed for the PC (yes I know they're all PC's) but fudged to run on a Mac. i stuff used together is utterly seamless and hassle free. What happens if you plug an idevice into a PC - I can't say. Maybe Mac is more idiot proof which is why I get on with it. If you aren't an idiot, then maybe a PC is better for twiddling and doing clever stuff.

I have had other smart phones and they have driven me nuts. I even managed to get Vodafone to cancel a contract based on the basis that the phone breached any kind of test of usuability! Got an iphone. Had it years, gave it to my lad and I have another. Both still working perfectly. But I think that if I wanted something rugged to turn into a sat phone like this, I'd be more interested in it being a Blackberry. I have one for work and it terms of indestructibility and reliability it's right up there, as is battery life. So much so, I got the current wife one. I was fed up of her not answering due to a flat battery. Now she just doesn't answer it. But at least it rings

Chris

Back