Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cooking on oil

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just seen a mention of veg oil prices on the 'other place' so I nipped out to local shops. Bought 21 litres of veg oil (that's all they had). It worked out at .93 per litre. Now Tesco are doing it at the equiv of .83 per litre with a buy 2x3l for £5.00. That is a pretty big saving. If like me you don't mind pouring it in half and half occasionally then this is a bargain too good to miss. Local fill-up here are at £1.23 lit.

I saved just over £6 on 21 lits.

Derv fill 1.229 = £110
Veg at .93 = 83
Veg at .83 = 74

On my trips to Scotland I use about two tanks. If I did half and half, that's still a saving of £36 and of course £72 if I ran it pure. To me, that is quite a saving that I could do with.

Old car, rudimentary engine, not bothered. Done it before, runs lovely. Not for high pressure modern engines we know and all that stuff about seals blah blah. Been there had the discussion. I'll take the saving.

Chris

Sounds good to me Chris

Im going to makros soon il have a look how much the big trade tubs are while im there.

Joe

Hello Chris in makro they are doing 20 litres for £14.19 that comes out at nearly 71pence a litre.

Joe

Hmm, don't have a Makro card.
But that IS cheap isn't it.

C

Battered and Blue said:
Hmm, don't have a Makro card.
But that IS cheap isn't it.

C

yes most of these oils said they where rapeseed does this matter? and does using this oil create any probs like ive heard that it can pull all the crud that has biult up from your fuel lines etc but maybe rumours.

Joe

Until veggie oil became uneconomic to use I regularly put in 20ltr for every tankful and had no problems, apart from smelling like a chip shop. :lol:
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
Until veggie oil became uneconomic to use I regularly put in 20ltr for every tankful and had no problems, apart from smelling like a chip shop. :lol:
Chas

MMMMmm Chips :lol:

thats the amount i would throw in per tank i thought each time i was at makro i would buy 20 litres and bung it in so its a really weak mix.

Joe

Hello just to add to this ive been reading on another forum about adding 2 stroke to a full tankfull only 330ml to 70 ltrs but they reckon it realy helps with emmissions and engine noise.
Il post a link so you all can have a look.

Joe

Back