Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cooper STT pro...

I did Tommy then I fitted the internal bead locks - as mentioned above a few times now, air pressure should be chosen to suit the terrain - I have been known to go as low as 10psi - any less on the treps and the weight of the truck starts to collapse them - which makes me very nervous, one thing the trepadors are terrible for is flat spotting after being stood (even after one night its noticeable) - it usually drives back to round after a couple of miles but thats the joys of bias ply on a heavy truck! Its a real PITA that I have to pop it on axle stands when not in use for more than a couple of days. Ive even tried airing them up to 60psi when parked and they still did it!.

i ran mine down at Walters arena with about 8-10 psi in then and they were amazing, nothing comes close to them

I preferred the creepy crawler - I guess its a mindset thing with tyres as well?

More interestingly - did you do Walters on a playday - we go twice a year with the Shires land-rover club (good bunch with a healthy LR/Jap banter - they are not rivet counters). Who do you go with?

Hi

I had a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65R17 120 R fitted a couple of months back. Just come back from a 6500 mile trip round Norway and Sweden. Did 80% road 20% dirt track, lots a of wet roads.

I bloomin love them. At no time did they fail me. Quiet on tarmac. Never felt unsure, always felt I had total control. I'm really glad I brought these.

G.

As theres already a thread for the cooper discoverer stt pro i'll add to it...
Fitted a set to the 80 a couple of weeks ago which replaced the bfg km's, 35x12.50r15 in size.
So far they're quieter the road even at motorway speeds, seem a bit of smoother/softer ride (run 32psi). Wet tarmac grip is better and i don't suffer so much on wet roundabouts with under steer. I'd say the compound is softer which will be helping, the bfgs had some years on them.

They're a heavier tyre but not greatly noticeable when driving.

So far I've found a negative, even though they balanced up really well and no wheel wobble...... if the 80 has been stood for a few days the first mile or so ive got wheel wobble!! It clears but its annoying as mine tends to not get used daily. I did read on a jeep forum review others have the same with the bigger sizes. Possibly the softer compounds and a heavy 4x4 sat on them for a few days.

I'll be out in the Yorkshire dales in a few weeks to recce a laning trip route, will see how they do on rocky lanes. Most likely will be wet/icy/snowy by then too. It'll be cold either way so a good test.

Well so far these tyres are doing good, rocky terrain isn't an issue, even better with a few psi out which softens the ride more. Mud has been good and wet grassy inclines no issues.
Icy roads and green lanes grip has been good, black ice well it's black ice

Snow has been fine, one or two under steer moments but I don't blame the tyres :lol: :auto-layrubber:tbh centre diff in stopped that and pace didn't really slow. Slightly deeper snow was even better.
Leaves a nice footprint

20171229_110640.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65R17
Exactly the same tyre on my Hilux. Even in two wheel drive it's been better than the old Duelers in four wheel drive.

Back