Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Couldn’t keep dailying the 80

RBG21

Country Flag
uk
So I picked up this Chelsea tractor, which surprisingly isn’t as much of a Chelsea tractor as I thought!, never knew they came with low range, locking centre and rear diffs and hill descent.
It means I can start to mod the 80 with a lift, better tyres and suspension,bumpers and snorkel now though and I won’t lie the Merc is much nicer for an 80 mile a day round trip motorway commute.
It makes a pretty decent van with the seats down too, the space is massive.
I guess it can go and keep Andy’s Touareg company in the naughty corner.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpeg
    IMG_0187.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    IMG_0188.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 25
I guess it can go and keep Andy’s Touareg company in the naughty corner.
Yep and someone else we know who turned up to a Cruiser meeting in something black, powerful and Germanic who can be in "our" club.

Yep and someone else we know who turned up to a Cruiser meeting in something black, powerful and Germanic who can be in "our" club.
Maybe we get let off if they’re Germanic, I mean I could have done worse and bought a Disco or Range Rover!.
Funnily enough I was actively looking for a black one but the only ones out there were either too expensive or dog rough, so I settled for silver with a good service history and a decent price.

Nice! What model is that? Must have the off road package to get the locking diffs?

Nice! What model is that? Must have the off road package to get the locking diffs?
It’s a GL320 CDI, apparently all GLs came with the off road pack in the UK bit it was an option on the ML, I’d just assumed it would be an option on all of them, not that it will get much of a work out when I have an 80 Series for that!.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back