Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise Control minimum

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello All,

I have, like most other 120 series, the cruise control.
Mine will let me travel as slow as 27 mph, if it drops to 26 mph, the CC will kick out.

Is there a way to reset the minimum CC setting from around 27 mph as a minimum, to around 15 mph as a minimum.

Graham

Don't think so unless you can fudge the engine ECU and all the various sensors to think it's going faster than it is, which could be dangerous!

I was thinking more along the lines of simply lowering the minimum set point.

Nothing to do with fudging sensors,

Graham

I got that - what I'm suggesting is that, unlike a mechanical device, the 120 cc is all electronic and us governed by the ECU and other sensors like the ABS, skid/stability, accelerometer etc. The ERM seems to show links to all of those?

I agree with Gary, very unlikely it will be feasible to lower that as it will more than likely be a hard coded value buried in the CC program code in the ECU.

AAhh,

Thats it then.
Probably not too easy to recode to allow it to be replaced with a lower set value.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
my Jeep Cherokee's cruise control wouldn't work under 50mph so I've always thought my 120 was the same until I read this,nice one
cheers

Same lower limit on the 100. And it's useless unless the road is flat. I live in Norway!

I'll try it on the dirt tomorrow mate,the Algarve's either up or down but I know a flat bit...

Back