Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'Cruiser from Malta...

lj79-3l

Country Flag
malta
IMG_1802.JPG

10--DSCF1231.JPG

It's a 2.8L diesel. Bit slow, bit bouncy with 3rd row seats removed... but it does the job!

Last edited:
Nice truck lj79-3l, welcome to the forum!

Bit about yourself maybe, obviously a cycling fan.

Malta is a wonderful place, I've had 3 holidays there and would go again without hesitation. Lovely people too :thumbup:

Yup MTBing it is. LC is pretty much stock apart from the tyres, it's very much a workhorse or perhaps more accurately play - horse (!!?) badly needs a clean now! Regularly sees 600kg of payload what with bikes, bike stuff, luggage, 5-up when driving over to Sicily and other than being painfully slow not much to complain about! There are many SWB 70-series in Malta (all 2.4 Turbo D) but possibly less than a dozen LWB like mine, all with the 2.8 "3L" diesel. The 80 series like yours is quite a rare beast.

The 80s are not too common here either, mine is only an HZJ so no turbo, but I've got used to waiting for it to get up to speed. IMO and at my age, I'm not looking to be the first at the next set of red traffic lights!

Many's the time I've had 8 bikes on the roof in the past, but not so much these days. A lot of the biking crew have got married or moved away, and biking is not so much fun on your own.

Downhill became my preferred mountain bike sport as I've got older (for obvious reasons). Here we've got circa 2,500m mountains with cable-car access, so it's a dream for a mixture of technical/fast/rock and grass downhill, love it!

The 80s are not too common here either, mine is only an HZJ so no turbo, but I've got used to waiting for it to get up to speed. IMO and at my age, I'm not looking to be the first at the next set of red traffic lights!

Well I reckon you must have been feeding it high octane jet fuel or something, when I was following you last August you were fairly scooting along. :icon-surprised:

Hey LJ79-3L ! Welcome to the forum & nice Cruiser siehbi :icon-cool:

I'd suggest upgrading your truck with a turbo kit off a 2L-T (2.4 turbo)... ghaqla w poggi! Huge power difference! & I'm running 33x12.5" tires! Best €450 you'd ever spent on your truck I guarantee :icon-biggrin: (if you can manage on installing it yourself.. xej kbir pero!)

This is my twin truck with some mods

20150912_191842.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well I reckon you must have been feeding it high octane jet fuel or something, when I was following you last August you were fairly scooting along. :icon-surprised:

I'm currently in a diminished wi-if zone with even more diminished sim-card response, I replied to Chas' post yesterday, but it hasn't registered. Here goes again...

:lol: Ha ha Chas, well I have my ways of getting the best from it I suppose, but I'm sure your Phoenix would tear a strip off it side by side. :icon-biggrin:

Back