Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CV snap ring

fridayman

Garage
Does anyone know where I could find a snap ring that holds the drive shaft inside the outer CV on a Colorado? Toyota only sell it as part of a CV boot kit for £65 (I can buy a whole CV kit for that!).

Gav Peter said:
Have you tried Karl?

I will ask him, but these aren't re-usable items - you break them when you separate the shaft from the CV joint.

Oh... Sorry didn't realise they weren't reusable :oops: Unlikely that he will have them then...

I got mine from Ian I think. But are you sure you can't get them? I'm almost certain I have in the past. They have a serial number of their own

Chris

Chris said:
I got mine from Ian I think. But are you sure you can't get them? I'm almost certain I have in the past. They have a serial number of their own

Chris

The snap ring at the other end of the shaft is available separately (I already bought a few of these), but not the one on the outside end.

If anyone has a broken shaft that I can have, I can look around to see if I can find a suitable replacement. Mine is my daily driver so can't take it apart unless I'm sure I can find one to put back in again.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK, maybe I am looking at the wrong parts on TOYO. I can see two snap rings, both a couple of quid each.

C

Back