Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

D4D starter probs

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
Hi all, I couldn't find a thread for the avensis so I'm here in the lounge :whistle:

My 2005 avensis 2.2 D4D has been refusing to start, yesterday I put a new battery on it, this morning in the cold it started easily, then tonight when I finished work the same problem has returned, where do you think I ought to look first, ECU ? filters ? coolant ( although levels are ok I can't vouch for the amount of anti freeze) Once it's running and warm it's fine.

Remeber no ideas a bad idea, unless it f*^ks up !!

Cheers,

Nick.

You say it wouldnt start Nick...............................

Was it turning over and not starting?

Or was it not even turning over?

Any warning lights come on lately? :think:

Hi Ben,
It turned over but wouldn't fire, just as though the battery was fubar'd again, I've had no warning lights !

The latest update is that now the weather has warmed up the car is starting fine, however the revs are pulsing by about 150rpm. I've been advised that it may not be the glow plugs but the suction control valve, has anyone any advice on this, i.e is at a servicable item and would it be something that I maybe able to tackle ? Another question I have is that sinse I swapped the battery over the fuel consumption is about the same as a landcruiser at 33mpg, I was told that this would improve over a few tank fills when the ECU remaps itself, is this possible or will I have to take it in to be remapped ?

Cheers all.

Nick.

Back