Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Daily drive advice

O-60 in 9 seconds is a bit on the tame side Chas, and its an auto so not really what I am looking for. Thanks for letting me know anyway.

Jim I like the Vtec idea :thumbup: will look into that, faster than the Octavia and cheaper too. The RS4 is a lot more money and too "look at me I'm a fast car" for my liking, interstingly the newer 4.2 manual S4 starts around 5k :drool: Did your dad have any issues with the GTB? Did he own it for long? If only there were more newer shape GT manual Legacys imported to the UK...

The Honda runs the B18 motor - the same lump found in the Integra. It's very tuneable if you wanted to go down that route but keep in mind it's only FWD. I used to have a 1.6 vtec coupé and I can tell you induction mods give a more lively rev-counter while keeping engine noise at normal levels when cruising or running 'round town. Only problem I ever had in the 2 years I had it was weak CV's, had to change both sides in that time and one was on it's way out again when I came to sell it. I did drive it with a very heavy right foot though.

The only real problems my old man had with the subaru were down to mods he did. Although he did put the conrod through the side of the block but he had been running it on the red line for a good while before that happened :roll: He had to change a rear caliper from what I remember and a few servicable items. The most annoying thing about that car was the paltry 200 miles from each miniscule tank. That's taking it easy.

Nice, very nice :thumbup:

While I'm on I should correct myself on the stats from the previous page - the Honda does 0-60 in a little over 8secs as standard so perhaps not as quick as you were after. The B18 is very tuneable though and a 6 second time should be achievable with not much trouble. It was used in the Integra Type R after all. The specs on the scooby were those of my dads with the mods he'd done - most notably an ECU remap and an Impreza manual box with long range 5th

Back