Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash lights on while engine running.

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys ...

on my 96 IFZ-FE some times the dash lights .. (at-temp, oil level, battery,) lights come on when the revs drops below 1500 rpm.

I can't hear properly to tell weather there's sommat up with the engine or not, ... but it doesn't feel as though there's anything wrong.. (can't feel it missing or anything)

I'll try to get a video/pic of what it's doing ... but any pointers would be helpful

Used to get this on mine, similar to your symptoms too.

It was the wires that come out of the back of the alternator vibrating..... I tried pulling the plug out and squeezing the spade terminals to tighten them on the male spades in the alternator. It worked for a while but soon started doing it again.

I then cable tied the wiring that comes out of the alternator to the larger wire.... sorted it, light never come on now apart from when they are supposed to :thumbup:

****Edit- just realised yours is a petrol so may not be the same fix.****

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
X2 on what e said

I had similar thing,that turned out to be corroded/broken wire in the loom just below the engine bay fusebox.Took me a little while to find it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmmmm .... thanks guys ... will have a closer look in the morro

well it finally died ......

on the hunt for another alty ....

here is a pic of what was happening ..... engine was actually still running at the point of the pic ...

474358_259289097543610_2008547603_o.jpg

Last edited:
the next question is ..... where's the best place for a replacement ....

Might now be a good idea to remove Simon's email address before he gets inundated with spam.

Donchyaknow, there are web bots that trawl sites harvesting email addresses, they then get bombarded with all sorts of rubbish :doh:

Might now be a good idea to remove Simon's email address before he gets inundated with spam.

Donchyaknow, there are web bots that trawl sites harvesting email addresses, they then get bombarded with all sorts of rubbish :doh:

I spoke to him a while ago about it - he does not mind. He says their (Mr-T's) spam filter does a decent job at keeping the rubbish away.

I got a reply back from Simon this morning ..... unfortunately he can't get me a replacement until next week and then delivery times ...

I need to get a replacement before Monday ideally ...

I found a couple on ebay ... one rated at 100amp and an 80amp unit ... are they both the same fitting (oval 3 pin plug etc)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190781476412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LANDCRUISER-4-5-92-98-ALTERNATOR-A2273-/310538555019?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8022332334840054497%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D190781476412%26

right ....

I have a new 100amp alternator on it's way (delivered tommoz) new belts on their way (delivered later today) ....

I will source a new battery later next week ... current battery is on charge

Back