Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash lights on while engine running.

Good luck with the new Alt. I went through same process a few weeks ago. Bought a replacement Alt from a dealer recommended by Denso (who should know) but what they sent didn't fit (bolt flanges drilled out in wrong places...). Returned it and got one locally for almost as much as Simon was going to charge for a Toy one. Anyway fitted new one and...................dash problem came back. Not exactly same combination as yours but the same 6 lights always flash when accelerating - never when out of gear so I guess its a dodgy earth somewhere being vibrated as someone else said above. BTW I did test Alt output (on original and new ones) and they both read 14.5 volts all the time running - with lights flashing or not. So now I have 2 good Alts but still dodgy dash lights!Good luck - let us know how it goes please

Good luck with the new Alt. I went through same process a few weeks ago. Bought a replacement Alt from a dealer recommended by Denso (who should know) but what they sent didn't fit (bolt flanges drilled out in wrong places...). Returned it and got one locally for almost as much as Simon was going to charge for a Toy one. Anyway fitted new one and...................dash problem came back. Not exactly same combination as yours but the same 6 lights always flash when accelerating - never when out of gear so I guess its a dodgy earth somewhere being vibrated as someone else said above. BTW I did test Alt output (on original and new ones) and they both read 14.5 volts all the time running - with lights flashing or not. So now I have 2 good Alts but still dodgy dash lights!Good luck - let us know how it goes please

Hi Michael........... I had this on mine. Is your rear wiper working OK. Mine wasn't and later the dash lights came on. There is a poorly designed connector in the loom inside the upper tailgate. Mine was corroded so I replaced it and soaked it in grease and it's been OK since. Frank

Hi Michael........... I had this on mine. Is your rear wiper working OK. Mine wasn't and later the dash lights came on. There is a poorly designed connector in the loom inside the upper tailgate. Mine was corroded so I replaced it and soaked it in grease and it's been OK since. Frank
Thanks Frank but my rear wiper is fine. Just shows how random these faults can be, so I guess I just have to work through all the electrickery things and hope I find one that doesn't work - and see if fixing it stops the dash flash. or a dry connection somewhere in the looms which responds to the movement of driving - as its fine when stationary, no gear engaged. Getting a bit boring now but suppose it is all part of the challenge of an old truck. Anyway, it doesn't affect anything else and compared to all my previous 4x4s the truck is virtually trouble free !

Back