Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash Rattle

wanderingwillbury

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys,

I can move my dash on the drivers side about 5/8mm front to back. Every time I hit a pot hole (difficult to avoid these days!) it rattles/bangs/shakes.

Does anyone know how it's fixed to the car before I land up with a lap full of plastic, screws, wires an dials. Is it a simple fix?

Cheers

Ray

It could be missing screws or has broken clips so isn't held in correctly by the sound of it... You'll need to investigate further.

Hi, perhaps I should put this under the bodge thread but,

Remove glove box and look onto the frame behind the a/c plastic and you will see 2 studs 6mm fixed to the frame. I cut a piece of ally strip and bolt it to them and run the ally behind the plastic dash and drill and screw the dash to that. The screws are not seen, only when the door is open and you look at the dash plastic
It can be copied on the drivers side as well

Thanks Beau & Steve, will look into this. The ally strip to suppoort it sounds promising:thumbup:

Cheers

Ray

as said above I did a similar fix remove glove box should be able to see the area where the dash meets the body, some light metal sheet and text screws later on both sides and it's solid

Back