Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dastek/unichip compatibility from '99 to '03 1hdfte

rmurphy5

Country Flag
great_britain
On my old ’99 1hd fte Amazon I had a Dastek chip and loved it and was wondering if I could put it on my new to me '03 4 speed with a VNT turbo?

Pretty sure there is a thread already about what chips do and don't work on later 1HD FTE's ....
Try searching the 100 forum ..

Hi Grimbo, I spent a good while searching and reading threads but didn't see this covered as it is unusual as I have a chip off my 1999 and wonder if it is suitable for the 4speed 2003. Have an email into Dastek/Unichip so we will see what they say if they reply.

Thanks

It works with the VNT. The stock turbo can't handle much more boost than standard though (10-13 psi).
I had mine upgraded by Remy at Wink 4x4 - Engineered Performance - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] with a better compressor wheel, upgraded shaft and thrust bearings. Should be good for 1.5 bar (20-22psi). He also sells and tunes unichip.
I still haven't bought the unichip yet, as I am doing a way bigger project and what to put the car back together and have it running first, before tuning.
If you have the 5 speed auto, it won't handle much more than stock power, unless upgraded too.

Since last year there is a UK unichip distributor Unichip ECU Mapping Chip Distributor | Unichip Europe - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club], should be easier for you, .GB people :) Don't know if they offer upgraded turbos.

Hi Grimbo, I spent a good while searching and reading threads but didn't see this covered as it is unusual as I have a chip off my 1999 and wonder if it is suitable for the 4speed 2003. Have an email into Dastek/Unichip so we will see what they say if they reply.

Thanks
If I knew how to find it I'd of sent you the link ;-) .....
Hopefully others who have chipped 100's and know what will and won't work will be along soon to help...

I am tempted to try it as the turbo seems to work on vacuum rather than ECU signals so shouldn't be affected but waiting on a reply from them

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You may well be right....not sure what build date swirl flaps and turbo changes came in.... did it make a big difference ?

Well my old 310k '99 Amazon with a dastek went better than this 03 with no chip and variable turbo etc!

Unichip got back to me and it is a different set up due to differences in the loom and settings. £1k for it.

The post 02 ecu is meant to be much more tuneable with better power available. The loom is a non issue if you hard wire it. The unichip could be retuned to suit your new ecu

Apparently my unit is too old as I did ask that. I think I will need to buy a new one.

Back